Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
Fondue is such a fun way to have a meal or dessert. This 3-Ingredient Chocolate Fondue is ready in about 10 minutes and the hardest part is deciding what to dip in your chocolate! Everyone is sure to love the intense chocolate flavor in this easy fondue recipe.
Ingredients for 3-Ingredient Chocolate Fondue
If you’re looking for easy chocolate fondue, look no further! This 3-ingredient recipe skips so many ingredients traditional fondue calls for such as vanilla extract and heavy cream. You are almost guaranteed to always have these ingredients in your pantry:
- Chocolate chips– use a good quality chocolate since we will not be adding flavor extracts, alcohol, etc. The chocolate is the star of the show for this recipe.
- Milk- either 2% or whole milk. This recipe has not been tested with non-dairy milks such as almond milk.
- Unsalted butter- to smooth it all out and add a hint of richness.
How to Make 3-Ingredient Chocolate Fondue
Follow this simple video (steps and ingredient amounts listed below) to see how easy it is to make this recipe:
I don’t have a fondue pot, can I still make fondue?
Yes! Set up a double boiler. This is a pot of barely simmering water with a metal or glass bowl on top. Once the water is barely simmering, add the butter and let melt. Then, add the milk and let heat until steaming and add the chocolate chips. Stir well until all of the chocolate chips are melted and the fondue is smooth.
When not using a fondue pot the chocolate will slowly cool off, simply return to the double boiler to reheat it.
What to dip in fondue?
Like I said the hardest part of this recipe is deciding what to dip in your fondue… here are some suggestions:
- Fresh fruit- berries, bananas, apples, etc.
- Dried Fruit- apricots, pineapple, etc.
- Graham crackers
- Pretzels- regular or peanut butter filled
- Rice Krispy Treats
- Pound Cake
- Candy- such as gummy bears (kids will love these)
- And more! The options are endless!
More Fondue Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
Simply store it in the refrigerator in an air tight container after letting it cool completely. Use within 5-7 days. It can be reheated in the fondue pot or microwaved in 20 second increments.
You’ll want to use a high quality chocolate that you enjoy. This can be semi-sweet, milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you love fondue, be sure to try our Easy Beer Cheese Fondue too! For more dessert recipes, try our Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies, Chewy M&M Cookie Bars, Sour Cream Coffee Cake, Black Moon Whoopie Pies, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Scones, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls, Microwave Mint Chocolate Fudge, Dark Chocolate Walnut Biscotti, Easy Homemade Chocolate Hummus, Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies and Nutella Chickpea Brownies.
3-Ingredient Chocolate Fondue
This 3-Ingredient Chocolate Fondue is quick to put together and makes for a fun dessert!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- In a fondue pot or a pan on the stove, melt butter over low heat.
- Add milk and heat until steaming. Be careful not to scald milk.
- Slowly add chocolate chips and stir until thoroughly melted.
- Keep fondue pot on low heat while serving to keep chocolate melted. If made on the stove, pour chocolate into a serving dish. Microwave as needed to keep melted.
- Serve with fruit, pretzels, marshmallows, etc.
Leftover fondue can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated in microwave. Be sure to reheat in 30 second increments so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Friday 10th of June 2022
thank you for a very good article
Friday 10th of June 2022
You’re welcome! Hope you enjoyed the recipe!