This Mandarin Orange Quinoa Salad is super easy to put together and it’s great served warm or cold. Add some fresh mint to take it up a notch. Enjoy this healthy and easy quinoa salad recipe as a side dish or light lunch.
Ingredients for Mandarin Orange Quinoa Salad
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and can easily be made vegan. You will need:
- uncooked quinoa- red, white, or variety
- vegetable or chicken broth
- mandarin oranges- grab the ones in the jar at the grocery store that come packed in juice or water (don’t get the ones in syrup).
- sliced roasted almonds- salted or unsalted, whichever you prefer.
- fresh mint
How to Make Mandarin Orange Quinoa Salad
First, combine quinoa and broth in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook quinoa covered until all the broth is absorbed (about 20-25 minutes).
Then, remove quinoa from heat. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa with the mandarins, almonds and mint. Season with salt if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, quinoa is gluten free and a great alternative grain for those needing to avoid gluten.
Absolutely! Try ingredients such as dried cranberries or baby spinach that complement citrus flavors well.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more recipes? Try our Three Bean Turkey Chili, Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas, Chicken Pot Pie, Butternut Squash Risotto with Bacon, Chicken Marbella, Turkey Zucchini Meatballs, Garlic Broccoli Lo Mein, Polynesian Power Grain Bowl, and Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Hash.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (red, white, or variety)
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted almonds
- salt to taste, I used a couple grinds of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Combine quinoa and broth in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook covered until all the broth is absorbed (about 20-25 minutes).
- Remove quinoa from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa with the mandarins, almonds and mint.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Mint is optional.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 698mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 7g