This Apple Berry and Acai Smoothie is quick and easy to make and packed with antioxidants. Make this smoothie for a snack or add a scoop of your favorite protein and enjoy for breakfast.
What is acai?
Acai is a berry grown in South America. They contain lots of fiber, antioxidants, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids. Many people claim that acai can have magical powders when it comes to your health, however that is not true. It does provide many benefits but should be combined with a balanced diet to make sure you get all of the nutrients your body needs.
Where can I buy acai?
Acai can be found in most grocery stores in the frozen fruit section. It generally comes as 4 packets in 1 bag. It can be purchased sweetened or unsweetened in some stores as well. Chose whichever your prefer.
More Smoothie Recipes:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- PB&J Protein Smoothie
- Mango Pear and Spinach Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Love this Apple Berry and Acai Smoothie recipe and looking for more fruit filled recipes? Try our Strawberry Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins, Homemade Strawberry Applesauce, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Very Berry Blueberry Muffins and Simple White Chocolate Blackberry Scones.
- 1 packet acai frozen (about 3-4 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/3 cup high quality apple juice (avoid juice made from concentrate for best flavor)
- 1/3 cup water
- Remove acai from freezer and while in packet run under warm water for 15 seconds to soften slightly.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drink right away.
- Sweetened or unsweetened acai can be used. Whichever one you prefer or can find.
- We used Simply Apple for our apple juice. Try to use a high quality apple juice to get the most apple flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 9gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g