I love all of the fall desserts and decided to make this Apple Crisp last week to share with some friends! Normally I save apple crisp for the fall, but our apples have been sweet lately.
How to make Apple Crisp
This is a super easy dessert to put together. All you need to do is slice your apples and toss them with the ingredients for the filling and pour them into your baking dish.
Then, make the topping and sprinkle it on top. Bake it until bubbly and browned on top. I used coconut flour in the topping but any flour will do!
Serve as is or with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
If pie is more your thing, be sure to check out our Apple Pie recipe!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more dessert recipes? Try our Black Moon Whoopie Pies, Sour Cream Coffee Cake, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Scones, Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies, Homemade Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies, Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ricotta Cookies, Chocolate Covered Almond Protein Bites, Chocolate Pecan Pie, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, or Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars.
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 4 gala apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- Juice from 1 orange
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (or any type you prefer)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with pan spray.
- Combine all ingredients for filling and toss well to coat apples.
- Pour apples into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Combine all ingredients for topping and stir well.
- Pour topping evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees until topping is brown and filling is bubbling around the edges, about 40-50 minutes.
Be sure to use firmer apples if you change the type so the consistency isn't changed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/8 pan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 5gSugar: 58gProtein: 2g