Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal is the perfect make ahead breakfast for fall! Loaded with sweet apples and cinnamon flavor you’ll enjoy these for breakfast all week long.
Ingredients for Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
This recipe uses mostly pantry staples making it easy to make last minute. This is a great recipe to make on Sunday night to have for a healthy grab and go breakfast during the week! You will need:
- rolled oats or old fashioned oats (not instant), use gluten free oats if needed
- baking powder
- brown sugar, packed
- milk, regular or non-dairy
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened applesauce
- brown sugar
Using gluten free oats will make this recipe gluten free. Use a non-dairy milk to make it dairy free. I have not tried an egg replacement so that it could be vegan (if you do please let me know how it turns out)!
How to Make Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the oats, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, 1/4 cup brown sugar and salt. Stir to combine. Then, add the milk, egg, vanilla and applesauce and stir well. Set aside.
Next, make the apple topping! Peel and dice the apple and place in a small mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir to coat apples in cinnamon and sugar.
Divide oat mixture among 12 muffin cups. Top with apple mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until apples begin to become golden and oatmeal is set (should look dry on top). Let cool for a few minutes then serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe can be made gluten free by using gluten free oats. Be sure they are certified gluten free!
We used a red apple for the sweetness however any kind of apple can be used!
This oatmeal recipe MUST be kept in the refrigerator. If not the apples will turn and it will go bad. Place them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Before eating pop a couple in the microwave for 30-60 seconds to warm them up and enjoy!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
For more delicious breakfast recipes try our Bacon Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Chocolate Croissant Breakfast Bake, Pesto Baked Eggs, Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Vegetable Egg Casserole with Zucchini and Roasted Red Peppers, Almond Butter Toast with Strawberries and Honey, Homemade Pop Tarts, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Scones and Lemon Poppy Seed Bread.
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats or old-fashioned oats (not instant), use gluten free oats if needed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups milk, regular or non-dairy
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the oats, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, 1/4 cup brown sugar and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add milk, egg, vanilla and applesauce and stir well. Set aside.
- Peel and dice apple and place in a small mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir to coat apples in cinnamon and sugar.
- Divide oat mixture among 12 muffin cups. Top with apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until apples begin to become golden and oatmeal is set (should look dry on top).
- Let cool for a few minutes then serve.
Store leftover baked oatmeal in the refrigerator once cool. Reheat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds if desired before eating. Eat within 3-4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g