This Bacon and Cheese Quiche is perfect for a savory breakfast or addition to brunch! It can also be served hot or cold making it a great recipe to add to your meal prep for the week.
How to make Bacon and Cheese Quiche
All this recipe needs is 7 ingredients! First, chop up your bacon and onion. Heat a pan over medium heat and then add your bacon and onion. Cook until onion is softened and bacon is crispy. Once cooked, place on some paper towels on a plate to drain out the bacon grease. Then, place your pie crust into your pie plate and either pinch the edges or cut it to fit your pan. If you want to get fancy, check out How to Make Your Pie Look Like It Came Straight From the Bakery for some fun ideas!
Once your pie crust is ready, spread the bacon and onion mixture in an even layer at the bottom of the pie crust. Then, in a bowl, combine together your eggs and milk. Mix well. Pour egg mixture over the bacon. Next, top with cheese and a light sprinkle of pepper.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set. The eggs will not jiggle if the pan is moved or a toothpick inserted into the middle will come out dry. Let set for 5 minutes before serving or cool completely before storing in the refrigerator.
Frequently asked questions
- Can quiche be reheated in the microwave? Yes! I recommend reheating a slice at a time for the best results. Microwave for 30-60 seconds to start depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Is quiche keto? This particular recipe is not however if you want to bake it without the crust it may qualify. I personally do not know the ratios for keto to give you correct information. If you do bake this recipe without a pie crust be sure to grease your pan to make it easy to remove.
- What should I serve with quiche? A fruit salad would be a great side to go with this quiche if having for breakfast. Or if eating for lunch add a side salad or even a soup!
- Can I use heavy cream or half and half in place of the milk? Yes! It may make it more rich, but if that’s what you have on hand go for it!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you love breakfast egg recipes be sure to check out our Spinach and Feta Quiche, Breakfast Quinoa Egg Casserole and Sausage Egg Casserole. For other breakfast recipes try our Banana Scones, Lemon Poppy Seed Bread, Banana Bread, S’Mores French Toast Casserole, Very Berry Blueberry Muffins, PB&J Protein Smoothie, Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Smoothie, Pumpkin Pancakes and Sour Cream Coffee Cake.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6-8 slices of bacon
- 1 pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese (used Italian mixture of Asiago, provolone and mozzarella)
- dash of ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop bacon and onion.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add bacon and onion. Sauté until onion is soft and bacon is crispy. Once cooked remove from pan and place on a plate on top of paper towels to drain grease.
- Place pie crust into a pie plate and pinch the edges or cut crust to fit to top of pan.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and milk together and stir to combine well.
- Spread bacon and onion in even layer in bottom of pie crust.
- Pour eggs over top of bacon.
- Top eggs with cheese and sprinkle lightly with pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set (they will not jiggle and toothpick inserted into middle will come out dry).
- Once cooked, let sit for 5 minutes and then serve. If not serving immediately let cool before storing in the refrigerator.
Heavy cream or half and half can be substituted for the milk in this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 368Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 221mgSodium 583mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 18g