These Bacon Chocolate Chip Pancakes bring together everything you love about breakfast. Everyone is sure to love these salty, sweet and fluffy pancakes topped with butter and syrup. These pancakes are easy to make and loaded with sweet chocolate chips and salty bacon pieces.
How to Make Bacon Chocolate Chip Pancakes
We kept this recipe really simple by using Biquick Pancake Mix, however any pancake mix can be used or even your own homemade pancake batter. The choice is yours! Aside from pancake batter, you will need chocolate chips and bacon.
For chocolate chips, we used mini, but any kind can be used! The bacon will need to be pre-cooked and chopped up.
Once you have your ingredients gathered, go ahead and mix your pancake batter. If using Bisquick whisk together with the required milk and eggs. Then, preheat your skillet or pan over medium/low heat. Next, grease your skillet with non-stick spray or butter. Drop the batter by 1/4 cupfulls onto the hot skillet. Sprinkle with bacon and chocolate chips.
Then, once edges are dry or bubbles stop popping, flip the pancakes and let cook another minute or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and continue to cook the remaining pancake batter. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
- While cooking pancakes, keep the finished pancakes on a plate in the microwave. The small space in the microwave will keep the pancakes warm.
- Make multiple pancakes at a time by using a griddle or large skillet.
- Be sure to use a flat skillet so pancakes cook evenly.
- Store leftover pancakes in a bag or food storage container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! To make these pancakes gluten free use Gluten Free Bisquick or your preferred gluten free pancake mix. To make these pancakes dairy free use non-dairy milk and dairy-free chocolate chips. Top with non-dairy butter or skip the butter on top.
Yes, and there is no need to reheat it. The bacon will warm up while cooking in the pancakes. For a great shortcut buy the microwave ready bacon and cook a few slices of those for this recipe.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Try our Chocolate Croissant Breakfast Bake, Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins, Pesto Baked Eggs, Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats, Healthy Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal, Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Almond Butter Toast with Strawberries and Honey, Vegetable Egg Casserole with Zucchini and Roasted Red Peppers and Homemade Pop Tarts.
- 2 cups Bisquick Pancake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- In a mixing bowl combine pancake mix, milk and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium to low heat on the stove.
- Once skillet is hot, spray with non-stick spray or add a dab of butter to make sure the pancakes won't stick.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into skillet and top with chocolate chips and bacon pieces.
- Once bubbles stop popping on the top of the pancake or edges are dry flip and let cook for 1 more minute or until lightly golden. Remove from the pan and repeat with remaining pancake batter.
- Once all pancakes are cooked serve with butter and syrup.
Keep a plate in the microwave and put cooked pancakes on it. This will keep the pancakes warm while you continue to cook the remaining pancakes. No need to turn the microwave on, the small space will keep them warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: about 3 pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 1037mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 17g