These Easy Oven Baked Zucchini Chips are lighter than fried zucchini but still as delicious! They are breaded and baked until your desired crispiness and color. Serve them as an appetizer, snack or as a side to your main dish.
Oven Baked Zucchini Chips Ingredients
For these zucchini chips you will only need a handful of ingredients:
- Flour, any kind (all-purpose, whole wheat and gluten free have all been tested)
- Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs (regular or gluten free)
- Parmesan Cheese
Frequently Asked Questions
The oven and air fryer are both options for this recipe. If you’re air fryer is on the smaller side and you don’t want to make multiple batches the oven may be a better choice. Cook at the same temperature in the air fryer but keep a close eye on the time- they will probably cook a little faster in the air fryer.
Zucchini chips should be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat and make them crispy again, place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. Or, place them in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes.
Try your favorite ranch or spicy ranch dip for these chips!
Yes! Use your favorite breading substitute for the eggs (olive oil, flax eggs, aquafaba, etc) and then use a vegan parmesan cheese replacement.
Absolutely, use gluten-free flour and gluten-free breadcrumbs.
More Delicious Zucchini Recipes:
- Zucchini Ribbon Salad by What a Girl Eats
- Fast Sautéed Shrimp with Zucchini by Delightful Plate
- Baked Zucchini and Squash by Champagne Tastes
- Creamy Zucchini Pasta with Lemon by This Healthy Table
- Turkey Zucchini Meatballs by Return to the Kitchen
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you like these Easy Oven Baked Zucchini Chips and are looking for more side dish recipes , check out our Crock Pot Blueberry Applesauce, Warm Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad, Almond and Mandarin Quinoa Salad, Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad, Italian Pasta Salad, Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob, Smashed Potatoes, Sweet Fried Plantains and Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad.
- 2-3 zucchini (depending on size)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice zucchini into thin bite size slices.
- Toss zucchini slices in whole wheat flour to coat evenly.
- Prep remaining steps for breading:. In one bowl combine eggs and water. Stir to combine for egg wash. In a second bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese and salt. Stir to combine.
- Bread the zucchini: Dip in egg wash then dip in bread crumb mixture.
- Lay breaded zucchini in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until desired color and crispiness. Flip halfway through baking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
Delicious served on their own or with a ranch dip.
Make these in the air fryer: cook at the same temperature but keep an eye on the time. They may need a few minutes less.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 204Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 104mgSodium 1048mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 12g
Originally published on January 28, 2019 and updated June 21, 2021.