This Quick and Easy BBQ Chicken Salad recipe is great for a weeknight meal or meal prep for the week ahead. It is loaded with corn, beans, cheese, tortilla strips and chicken.
How to Make Shredded Chicken in a Crock Pot
To make shredded BBQ chicken in the crock pot I just load up the crock pot with chicken breasts (usually 4-6 pounds at a time). Then, add a splash of chicken broth and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Next, transfer the chicken into a bowl that you can use a hand mixer in. Use a hand mixer on low speed to shred up the chicken in less than 2 minutes! If you don’t have a hand mixer, shred it with 2 forks. Then, pour your BBQ sauce in and stir it up.
This chicken is also great for our BBQ Chicken Pizza if you have extra!
Ingredients for Quick and Easy BBQ Chicken Salad
This recipe requires only 8 ingredients unless you want to add more salad toppings:
- Lettuce- or any kind of greens you like in your salad.
- Shredded BBQ Chicken- find the directions above and use your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Corn- either drained from a can or chopped off of leftover corn on the cob.
- Black beans- drained and rinsed from a can.
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Tortilla Strips- these can be found in the grocery store near the salad dressings.
- Ranch dressing- whichever if your favorite!
The recipe below has directions and amounts listed for a single serving however this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to serve a crowd. Also, this salad can be made in individual containers to have for lunch during the week.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
For more delicious recipes try our Homemade Pizza Dough, Turkey Sloppy Joes, Italian Pasta Salad, Crock Pot Baked Potatoes, Italian Wedding Soup, Sausage Casserole, Simple Black Beans, Italian Sausage Orzo, Butternut Squash Risotto with Bacon, Quinoa with Brussels Sprouts and Pomegranate, Broccoli Cheese Soup, and Carrot Ginger Soup.
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce
- 1/2- 2/3 cup shredded BBQ chicken
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips (found in aisle with salad dressings and croutons)
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Combine all ingredients and add salad dressing as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
For this recipe we used leftover chicken. Simply shred it up and toss in BBQ sauce!
For directions on how to make shredded BBQ chicken in the crock pot, see the post above.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 600Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 176mgSodium: 1420mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 7gSugar: 30gProtein: 62g
This recipe was originally posted on February 22, 2019 and updated on May 10, 2021.