These Beef and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers are simple to make and delicious. They also make for great leftovers. See below for a quick how-to video and substitutions.
How to make Beef and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Follow this video for a quick how-to for this recipe! Full directions and ingredient amounts can be found below.
Tips and Substitutions
This recipe does not call for boiling the peppers before baking however you will add some water into the bottom of the dish. Covering it with foil and baking for 45 minutes will give a similar result to boiling them and is much easier.
Store any leftover peppers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The leftovers are great for lunch or dinners during the week.
If you do not have ground beef: try ground chicken, turkey or sausage in its place. Don’t have or like quinoa? Use the same amount of rice!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Be sure to try our Turkey Stuffed Peppers, Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce, Three Bean Turkey Chili, Crock Pot Chuck Roast with Potatoes, Hamburg Soup, Shepherd’s Pie, Turkey Sloppy Joes, Turkey Meatloaf, Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Red Peppers, and Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs.
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep the bell peppers. Wash, slice in half and remove seeds. Place in a casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- In a large saute pan, cook ground beef, onions, and garlic until beef is browned.
- In a large bowl, combine beef mixture, salt, pepper, quinoa and sauce.
- Divide into prepared peppers. Pour water into bottom of casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with remaining 1/2 cup of pasta sauce. Bake for 10 more minutes uncovered.
- Remove from oven. Let sit for a few minutes then enjoy!
Beef can be substituted for turkey or chicken. Quinoa can be substituted for rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 whole pepper, 1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1460mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 37g