Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
These are the Best Rice Krispie Treats for Valentine’s Day! Shaped like a heart, drizzled or dipped in white and milk chocolate and topped with sprinkles they are sure to be loved. Make these with your kids, for a party or as a gift… everyone loves the a little Valentine’s treat!
Tips to make Best Rice Krispie Treats for Valentine’s Day
These Rice Krispie treats are easy to make. To start, make the Rice Krispie Treats in a 9 x 13 inch pan (recipe below). These will be thinner than the standard Rice Krispie Treat recipe to make them easier to cut with cookie cutters. Let the treats set up until completely cool, about 2 hours.
Then, gather your decorating supplies. You’ll need a heart shaped cookie cutter, milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and valentine’s themed sprinkles.
Next, remove the Rice Krispie Treats from the pan. They should come out easily as long as the pan was sprayed with non-stick spray. Use the cookie cutter and cut out as many hearts as you can (see below for some extra tricks on cutting your Rice Krispie treats into shapes). Any extras can be stored in an air tight container to snack on!
Then, melt the chocolate in microwave in 15-20 second increments. If necessary, add a little bit of coconut oil to thin out the chocolate and make it easier to work with. Before decorating, use a dab of red food coloring to color the white chocolate. Next, decorate the treats how you desire. Drizzle them in chocolate, dip them or spread chocolate on top with a knife. Then, add some sprinkles!
Put the finished treats into the refrigerator for a few minutes to set the chocolate. When they are complete, store in an air tight container at room temperature. They should be fresh for up to 3 days.
Tips for How to Cut Rice Krispies into Shapes
- Press your Rice Krispies into a thickness that is smaller than the thickness of your cookie cutter.
- Press the Rice Krispies tightly together so they hold their shape when cut.
- Make sure they are completely cool before cutting.
- Push the cutter through and wiggle to remove.
- If sticking, spray the cookie cutter with non-stick spray.
More Valentine’s Treats Ideas
- Black Moon Whoopie Pies
- Chocolate Sunbutter Cups
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate Fondue
- Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoy these treats be sure to try our Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars, Nutella Chickpea Brownies, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Scones, Chewy M&M Cookie Bars, Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake, Double Chocolate Shortbread Cookies, Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies and Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies.
Best Rice Krispie Treats for Valentine's Day
These are the Best Rice Krispie Treats for Valentine's Day! Shaped like a heart, drizzled or dipped in white and milk chocolate and topped with sprinkles they are sure to be loved.
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 5 oz marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/3 cup white chocolate
- red food coloring
- 1/3 cup milk or dark chocolate
- coconut oil, if needed to thin chocolate
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Melt together the butter and marshmallows in a glass bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Stir between each interval until melted and well combined.
- Add rice krispies and stir well to combine.
- Pour into pan and press down with parchment or wax paper that is sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Let cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out as many hearts as you can. We got about 15, but this will depend on the size of the cookie cutter used.
- Set aside the scraps to snack on.
- Melt the chocolates in the microwave. Use 15-20 second intervals and stir in between each interval. If the chocolate is super thick, coconut oil can be added a little at a time to get a better consistency.
- Add red food coloring to the white chocolate to tint it pink. If you prefer to not use food coloring you can skip this step.
- Decorate the treats with the chocolates and sprinkles.
- Put the decorated treats into the fridge for the chocolate to set. Once set store in an airtight container for up to three days.
See post for more tricks on how to cut rice krispies into shapes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g