Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are a simple twist on a classic muffin recipe. The addition of chocolate chips gives these muffins a little extra sweetness. This is a recipe you didn’t know you needed!
Ingredients for Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
This recipe only requires simple ingredients. You will need:
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Frozen wild blueberries
- Chocolate chips (milk, white or dark)
Fresh blueberries can also be used for this recipe. The benefit to frozen blueberries is that they are picked when they are ripe and frozen right away. This helps ensure that you will be using delicious berries for your recipe.
How to Make Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, grease muffin pan or line pan with muffin wrappers. In a mixer or with a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
Then, add eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir to combine well. Add flour and baking soda. Stir until just combined, don’t worry if batter is slightly lumpy.
Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in blueberries and chocolate chips. Fill the prepared muffin cups. Mini muffins or regular muffins can be made with this recipe. If making 12 regular sized muffins they will be filled almost to the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes (mini) or 18-22 minutes (regular).Serve immediately or let cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Pesto Baked Eggs
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats
- Healthy Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Almond Butter Toast with Strawberries and Honey
- Breakfast Quinoa Spinach Egg and Cheese Casserole
- Easy French Toast Casserole
- Vegetable Egg Casserole with Zucchini and Roasted Red Peppers
- Homemade Pop Tarts
Frequently Asked Questions
Store these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature. Add a paper towel if desired to absorb any moisture or humidity. See below for how to freeze these muffins if you want to keep them longer.
At room temperature these muffins will last about 5 days.
Yes, these muffins can be frozen. Wrap them in plastic wrap and then place in a larger plastic bag to keep from getting freezer burn. Defrost muffins at room temperature before serving.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
For more muffin recipes try our Raspberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Muffins, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Very Berry Blueberry Muffins, Strawberry Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins and Peanut Butter Honey Muffins.
Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Delicious Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are a little twist on the classic blueberry muffin. The combination of chocolate with blueberries is one you didn't know you were missing.
- 6 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries, defrosted, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips, milk, white or dark
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin pan or line pan with muffin wrappers.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add flour and baking soda. Stir until just combined, don’t worry if batter is slightly lumpy.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in blueberries and chocolate chips.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups. If making 12 regular sized muffins they will be filled almost to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes (mini) or 18-22 minutes (regular).
- Serve immediately or let cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Muffins can be stored in the freezer. Wrap well and freeze. Defrost at room temperature before eating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g