This Broccoli Cheese Soup is creamy and filled with broccoli, carrots, cheese, onion and garlic! This soup is easy to make and is sure to be enjoyed by the whole family. Even my kids gave this a thumbs up!
How to Make Broccoli Cheese Soup
This video will walk you through how to make this delicious soup. You will find written directions and ingredients below along with tips and suggestions for this recipe!
Recipe tips and storage directions
- To make this recipe vegetarian be sure to use vegetable broth not chicken broth.
- Pre-shredded cheese will be perfect for this recipe because it has a little bit of flour on it that helps to thicken the soup.
- Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Soup may separate but stir and reheat and it will be delicious.
- Serve as a meal, appetizer or eat as a snack!
If you enjoyed this recipe for Broccoli Cheese Soup and are looking for more soup recipes, check out our soup archives! Some of our favorite recipes are Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Tomato Basil Pasta Salad, Shepherd’s Pie, Homemade Pizza Dough, Fried Plantains, Homemade Sausage Stuffing, Smashed Potatoes, Easy Homemade Pasta Carbonara, Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, Black Bean Quinoa Burgers, Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas and Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Hash.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups broccoli cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop onion, broccoli and garlic. Shred carrots.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion and carrots. Cook 5-8 minutes until soft.
- Add broth and broccoli. Bring to a boil and simmer until broccoli is tender.
- Lower heat. Once broth is no longer bubbling slowly add cheese. Stir between each addition to help it melt. **If heat is too high the cheese may seize up.
- Using an immersion blender or blender, blend up about 1/3-1/2 of the soup.
- Stir together over low heat for a few minutes then enjoy!
Soup may separate after being refrigerated. Simply reheat and stir before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 459Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 103mgSodium 1424mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 24g
This post was originally published on October 25, 2018 and updated on September 2, 2020.