This Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting is a delicious and soft butter cookie topped with tangy and light whipped cream cheese frosting and berries! It is a simple dessert to make and it can be made in any shape! Make this cookie cake for any holiday or just for fun!
How to make Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
First, make the butter cookie base. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your pan with parchment paper to make the cookie easy to remove from the pan. Cream the butter and sugar together. Then, added the eggs and vanilla. Last, add the salt, baking powder and flour and mixed to combine. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer to make the dough. Press the cookie dough into your prepared baking dish in an even layer.
Bake the cookie at 350 degrees for 14-17 minutes or until it begins to get lightly golden. If baking a shape other than a 9 x 13 be sure to adjust the baking time and keep an eye on the cookie so it does not over bake.
Once the cookie is completely cool, remove from the pan (lift the parchment out). Then, time to make the frosting. WIth your stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar until it is soft peaks. You’ll know it’s ready when you pull the mixer out and it stays standing up but curls over. Then, add in your softened cream cheese and extract. Whip until smooth. Frost the cookie cake with the icing and top with berries, sprinkles, candy, etc.
Customize Your Cookie Cake for a Holiday
- Valentine’s Day: place the berries in a heart shape, decorate with pink and red sprinkles, or even bake in a heart shape!
- Memorial Day or 4th of July: place berries in a flag pattern on the top of a rectangle cake baked in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Halloween: decorate with orange and black! Tint the frosting orange and add chocolate shavings.
- Christmas: Shape dough into a Christmas tree before baking and then tint the frosting green and add candies to look like ornaments.
More Cookie Recipes
- Easy Snickerdoodles Recipe
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- Double Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- Chewy M&M Cookie Bars
- Homemade Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Frequently Asked Questions
Any leftover cookie cake should be refrigerated because of the cream cheese icing. If you prefer to not need to refrigerate the cookie use our buttercream frosting instead!
Cookie cake should be eaten within 3 days. The berries and cream cheese frosting will not last much longer than that.
Yes! Be sure to add smaller pieces so the cookie cake will stay flat. Finely chopped nuts or mini chocolate chips are great additions!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Do you love desserts like this Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting? Here are some our other dessert recipes: Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars, Chocolate Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars, Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies, Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies, Nutella Chickpea Brownies, Apple Crisp, No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars, Buttercream Frosting, Italian Cookies, or Snickerdoodles! If you are looking for holiday cookies, be sure to check out our Christmas Cookie List!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon or vanilla extract
- 3 oz cream cheese , softened
- mixed berries, sprinkles, candy etc for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add salt, baking powder and flour. Mix to combine.
- Line a small baking sheet or 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper.
- Press dough into pan in an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Once cookie is cool lift parchment paper to remove from pan.
- To make frosting, whip heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Add lemon or vanilla extract and very soft cream cheese. Whip until smooth.
- Spread frosting on cookie and top with berries, candy, sprinkles, etc.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Store any leftover cookie cake in the refrigerator.
Cookies can be baked in any shape, just adjust baking time! See post for ideas on how to customize for specific holidays.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
This post was originally published on January 20, 2019 and updated on January 26th, 2022.