The kids loved making this Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting just as much as they loved eating it! It consists of a soft butter cookie, whipped cream cheese frosting and then we topped it with lots of fresh berries! It was the perfect cooking project for them with just a little assistance from me.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
How to make Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
First, we had to make the butter cookie base. We creamed the butter and sugar together. Then, added the eggs and vanilla. Last, we added the salt, baking powder and flour and mixed to combine. We used our stand mixer but a hand mixer will work great too! I let the kids handle the next step of pressing the dough into the pan that we lined with parchment paper. They got to use lots of their tools from our favorite brand Curious Chefs!
Bake the cookie at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until it begins to get lightly golden. Once the cookie is cool, remove from the pan (lift the parchment out). To make the frosting you are going to use your mixer again. Whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar until it is soft peaks. You’ll know it’s ready when you pull the mixer out and it stays standing up but curls over. Then, add in your softened cream cheese and extract. Whip until smooth.
Frost the cookie and top with your favorite fruits. The kids loved this part!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Do you love desserts like this Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting? Here are some our other dessert recipes: Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars, Chocolate Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars, Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies, Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies, Nutella Chickpea Brownies, Apple Crisp, No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars, Buttercream Frosting, Italian Cookies, or Snickerdoodles! If you are looking for holiday cookies, be sure to check out our Christmas Cookie List!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon or vanilla extract
- 3 oz cream cheese , softened
- mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add salt, baking powder and flour. Mix to combine.
- Line a small baking sheet or 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper.
- Press dough into pan in an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Once cookie is cool lift parchment paper to remove from pan.
- To make frosting, whip heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Add lemon or vanilla extract and very soft cream cheese. Whip until smooth.
- Spread frosting on cookie and top with berries.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Store any leftover cookie cake in the refrigerator.
Cookies can be baked in any shape, just adjust baking time!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 472Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 102mgSodium 289mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 6g