Easy Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup is the perfect soup for the fall season and cold days. It is easy to make and pairs well with most main dish recipes including sandwiches and salads.
Only 7 simple ingredients will be needed for this recipe! You will need:
- Vegetable broth or stock
- Olive oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
See the recipe card at the bottom of this post for full recipe amounts and directions.
How to Make Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
Then, in a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add carrots, ginger, onion and garlic and cook for 10 minutes. Stir frequently to keep from burning.
Add the broth to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to simmer and let cook until carrots are very tender. You should be easily able to pierce them with a fork.
Serve immediately and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Recommended Serving Suggestions
- Make it a vegetarian meal and serve with Pan Fried Eggplant with Arugula Caprese Salad
- Serve in place of tomato soup with a melty grilled cheese for a delicious comfort food meal
- Make a cozy meal and pair with One Pot Creamy Rigatoni with Beef and Diced Tomatoes
Frequently Asked Questions
Allow leftover soup to cool and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you desire to freeze the soup, store in individual serving size containers in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Absolutely! Store this healthy soup in the refrigerator in individual containers to easily grab for weekday lunches or dinners. Soups are a great way to prepare vegetables ahead of time since they are easy to reheat.
This vegan recipe is dairy free and gluten free! This soup has a creamy texture due to pureeing without added dairy. If desired you can add full fat coconut milk or coconut cream to give this soup an even more creamy texture.
Definitely! We recommend a drizzle of creamy coconut milk, roasted sunflower seeds, crunchy croutons, a sprinkle of ground coriander or red pepper flakes.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Love this Carrot Ginger Soup? Looking for more delicious soup recipes? Check out our Turkey Lasagna Soup, Healthy Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, Chicken Bone Broth, Carrot Rice Soup, Italian Wedding Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Hamburg Soup, and Broccoli Cheese Soup. Don’t forget the Buttermilk Biscuits to pair with it!
- 4 lbs of carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock or broth
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Peel and chop carrots and ginger. Chop onion and garlic. These do not need to be chopped nicely since they will be blended later. The smaller the pieces the faster it will cook, the bigger and the more time it will take.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add carrots, ginger, onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add broth, cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and let cook until carrots are very tender (it should be easy to pierce them with a fork).
- Take the soup off of the heat and using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender this can be blended in a blender with extra caution since it is a hot liquid!
- Serve and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- This soup is delicious as leftovers- store in individual containers to bring to work for the week.
- For more or less of a kick add more or less ginger. Fresh ginger has a strong taste.
- If using dry ginger, start with 1/4 tsp and taste before adding more.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 581mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g