This Carrot Ginger Soup is simple to make and is delicious as leftovers making it the perfect soup to make on Sunday for the week. Pair this soup with a salad, sandwich or any meal for a little warm up!
Soups are one of my favorite ways to get a bunch of vegetables in without eating a salad! Don’t get me wrong, I love a good salad but soup just tops it!
Carrot Soup Ingredients and Health Benefits
Only 7 ingredients will be needed for this recipe and most of them pack a nutritional punch! Check it out:
- Carrots– a great source of beta carotene, fiber, potassium, vitamin K1, fiber and antioxidants. Carrots also help with eye health!
- Ginger– anti-inflammatory, antiviral, aids in digestion, can ease a cold or flu, and relieve nausea. Did you know you can even grow your own at home?
- Onions– while they don’t look too exciting they are loaded with antioxidants, phytonutrients, and vitamin C.
- Garlic– anti-inflammatory, can boost the immune system, improve your hair and skin and help with cardiovascular health.
Aside from those 4 ingredients you will need vegetable broth, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Pin for later:
Love this Carrot Ginger Soup? Looking for more delicious soup recipes? Check out our Turkey Lasagna Soup, Healthy Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, Chicken Bone Broth, Carrot Rice Soup, Italian Wedding Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Hamburg Soup, and Broccoli Cheese Soup. Don’t forget the Buttermilk Biscuits to pair with it! If your looking for more ways to improve your health don’t miss our 9 Habits for a Healthier 2020!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 4 lbs of carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop carrots and ginger. Chop onion and garlic. These do not need to chopped nicely since they will be blended later. The smaller the pieces the faster it will cook, the bigger and the more time it will take.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add carrots, ginger, onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add broth, cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and let cook until carrots are very tender (it should be easy to pierce them with a fork).
- Take the soup off of the heat and using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender this can be blended in a blender with extra caution since it is a hot liquid!
- Serve and sprinkle with salt and pepper to your preference.
- This soup is delicious as leftovers.
- For more or less of a kick add more or less ginger.
- If using dry ginger, start with 1/4 tsp and taste before adding more.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 105Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 502mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 7gSugar 9gProtein 2g