This One Pot Carrot Rice Soup is hearty and delicious! It is loaded with arborio rice, carrots, celery and more! Make it vegan if you wish by swapping out the bone broth for vegetable broth.
Ingredients for One Pot Carrot Rice Soup
This recipe requires mostly simple ingredients that are probably already in your pantry or refrigerator.
- Olive oil
- Vegetable or Bone Broth (vegetable broth to make it vegan)
- Carrot Juice- this can be freshly juiced if you have a juicer or buy it unsweetened at the grocery store.
- Arborio Rice
- Bay Leaf
- Dill Weed
- Salt and Pepper
Other Recipes with Arborio Rice
Have leftover arborio rice? Here are some recipes you can use it with:
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoy this soup be sure to check out a few of our others: Homemade French Onion Soup, One Pot Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup, One Pot Black Bean and Corn Soup, Turkey Lasagna Soup, Healthy Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, Hamburg Soup, Broccoli Cheese Soup, Italian Wedding Soup, Carrot Ginger Soup and Chicken Noodle Soup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable or bone broth
- 2 cups carrot juice (made fresh or purchase unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 cups of arborio rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dill weed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook 5-8 minutes to begin softening vegetables.
- Add broth, juice, rice, bay leaf, dill weed and lemon juice.
- Cook until rice and vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Amount required will depend on how seasoned the added broth was.
- Serve and enjoy!
This soup is perfect for fall and winter.
Naturally gluten and dairy free!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 10gSugar: 14gProtein: 9g
Originally published March 8, 2019 and updated September 29, 2021.