This Carrot Rice Soup is delicious, filling AND a one pot dish! I used arborio rice that made it nice and hearty. Plus, in addition to carrots being in the soup, I used carrot juice to add even more flavor to the broth.
Tips for making Carrot Rice Soup
This recipe could absolutely be made vegetarian or vegan by using vegetable broth instead of bone broth. I like the additional protein that comes from the bone broth!
This is definitely a recipe you could change to suit your tastes with the broth, how much rice you want to add to make it more or less hearty and you could throw some greens in at the end of the cooking time to wilt. Either way, it’s sure to be delicious!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoy this soup be sure to check out a few of our others: Hamburg Soup, Broccoli Cheese Soup, Italian Wedding Soup, Carrot Ginger Soup and Chicken Noodle Soup. Still looking for more recipes? See our Crock Pot Pasta Sauce, Buttermilk Biscuits, Quinoa with Brussels Sprouts and Pomegranate and Cauliflower Pizza Crust.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable or bone broth
- 2 cups carrot juice (made fresh or purchase unsweetened)
- 1-2 cups of arborio rice (more to make a thicker soup, I used 2 cups)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dill weed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook 5-8 minutes to begin softening vegetables.
- Add broth, juice, rice, bay leaf, dill weed and lemon juice.
- Cook until rice and vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
This soup is perfect for fall and winter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 9gSugar: 16gProtein: 8g