This Cherry Berry Frozen Yogurt is a sweet and tart treat that is easy to make at home! All you need is 3 ingredients and a high quality blender to make it. No churning is required for this recipe.
Ingredients for Cherry Berry Frozen Yogurt
Three simple ingredients are all that you need for this delicious recipe.
- Frozen cherries- sweet or tart, whichever you prefer.
- Frozen berries- any kind of berries or mix of berries can be used. Try strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or raspberries.
- Vanilla yogurt- any brand or type that is your favorite. We used a vanilla greek yogurt. Full or low fat yogurt should work for this recipe.
The best part of this recipe is you can control the added sugars. The fruit should add enough sugar that a lower sugar yogurt can be used.
How to Make Cherry Berry Frozen Yogurt
Then, add yogurt and blend until combined. Scrape down the blender in between blending to make sure it is combined evenly.
Pour the yogurt mixture into a plastic or glass container that can go in the freezer. Cover with a lid and put into the freezer.
Stir yogurt mixture every 15-20 minutes until it reaches your desired consistency. The depth of the container you choose to freeze it in will affect how long it takes to freeze. A shallower bowl will freeze faster. Serve the cherry berry frozen yogurt immediately. If desired add toppings like sprinkles, fresh fruit, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, etc.
If stored in the freezer overnight, let it sit on the counter until it softens before serving. The yogurt will freeze solid and you will not be able to scoop it right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
This frozen yogurt recipe is best eaten the same day it is made. Once it is left in the freezer overnight it takes a long time to soften before it can be scooped. If it is not eaten the same day it should be good for up to 30 days but be sure to let it soften before attempting to scoop it. Yogurt turns into a brick when it is frozen more than 4 hours.
Absolutely! We have not tested this recipe with other fruit aside from the cherries and berries but any frozen fruit should work for this recipe.
Absolutely! Be sure to prepare your ice maker correctly and churn until it reaches your desired consistency and serve immediately.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more dessert recipes? Try our Vegan Chocolate Truffles, Harry Potter Butterbeer Cookies, Snickers Stuffed Dates, Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting, Chocolate Crinkles, Chocolate Pretzel Bark, Homemade Pop Tarts, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chickpea Blondies, Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Sunbutter Cups.
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- In a blender, combine the frozen cherries and frozen mixed berries and blend until crushed well.
- Add yogurt and blend until combined. Scrape down the blender in between blending to make sure it is combined evenly.
- Pour mixture into a plastic or glass container that can go in the freezer. Cover with a lid and put into the freezer.
- Stir yogurt mixture every 15-20 minutes until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.
- If stored in the freezer overnight, let sit on the counter until it softens before serving. The yogurt will freeze solid and you will not be able to scoop it right away.
This frozen yogurt is best served the first day. If serving it after that let sit on the counter to soften before trying to scoop it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g