I love a bowl of hot Chicken Noodle Soup! This soup is a classic filled with lots of chicken, vegetables and egg noodles. Plus, it’s even better the next day!
How to make Chicken Noodle Soup
Start by melting the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the vegetables and let them cook for a few minutes, until they begin to soften.
Next, add the broth, bay leaves and season lightly with salt and pepper. At this point, you have two options. You can bring it to a boil and continue to the next step and add the noodles or you can let it simmer for 30 minutes. When I have the time I like to let it simmer to get more flavor from the vegetables into the broth.
If you let the broth simmer on low, raise the heat and bring it to a boil. Add your noodles and cooked chicken. Let cook about 6 minutes or until noodles are tender and chicken is warmed through. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve and enjoy!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoyed this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe check out these other soup recipes: Broccoli Cheese Soup, Hamburg Soup, Italian Wedding Soup, Carrot Ginger Soup, Healthy Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, Turkey Lasagna Soup, Chicken Bone Broth and Carrot Rice Soup! If you enjoy biscuits with your soup, this recipe for Buttermilk Biscuits is for you!
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 4-6 carrots, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- In large pot, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, celery and carrots to melted butter. Cook until they begin to soften, approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, broth, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bring broth to a simmer.
- If you have time, let broth simmer for 30 minutes. This will help create a richer broth.
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Add noodles and chicken.
- Cook until noodles are done and chicken is warmed through. Approximately 8-10 minutes depending on your type of egg noodle.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for leftover chicken. If you don't have leftover chicken use a precooked rotisserie chicken to save some time! Perfect served with fresh bread and butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 1403mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 21g