This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Smoothie gives you all the flavor of delicious chocolate dipped strawberries but with loads of nutrition! This recipe calls for just 3 ingredients and can be made gluten free, dairy free and vegan if desired. Enjoy this smoothie as a snack, addition to breakfast or as a post-workout pick me up.
Ingredients for a Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Smoothie
Only 3 ingredients are needed for this easy recipe:
- Strawberries: The strawberries can be frozen or fresh. Using frozen strawberries will give the smoothie a much thicker texture. I like to purchase strawberries from the freezer section in the grocery store to keep on hand for smoothies. Another option is to buy fresh strawberries on sale, remove the stems/ leaves and freeze to use for later.
- Chocolate protein powder: We like Gold Standard 100% Whey Extreme Milk Chocolate because it’s low in sugar and has a great chocolatey taste. Also, if you do not have chocolate protein powder simply use vanilla protein powder and add in 1-3 tbsp of cocoa powder depending on how strong you want your chocolate flavor to be. If you prefer plant based or vegan protein powder that can be used as well.
- Milk: You can also use any milk you prefer. Almond milk, coconut milk, vegan milks, regular milk, vanilla almond milk and more… all will work perfectly in this recipe. While water can be used if you prefer it will change the texture of this recipe and the smoothie will not be as creamy.
That’s all you will need to make this delicious and healthy smoothie. Simply combine your ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth then serve immediately. See the recipe card below for measurements.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve used lots of different blenders and had a bullet for years however I have since fallen in love with my ninja blender. It crushes frozen fruit and ice no problem. Plus, it comes with a food processor attachment and 2 individual sized cups. A good blender can make a huge difference in how your smoothies come out.
This smoothie is best enjoyed immediately after blending. Making it ahead of time will result it a different consistency and separation.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you love our Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Smoothie be sure to check out our other smoothie recipes especially Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie Recipe, PB&J Protein Smoothie, Strawberry Smoothie Bowl, Peanut Butter Banana Acai Bowl, and Mango, Pear & Spinach Smoothie. Or are you looking for more ways to use protein powders? Here are some other recipes to try: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Protein Bites, Protein Packed Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Covered Almond Protein Bites, No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars, Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bites and Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites.
- 5 whole frozen strawberries, stems removed
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Use any type milk you prefer.
If you do not have chocolate protein powder, use vanilla and add 1-2 teaspoons of cocoa depending on how strong you want the chocolate flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250