This sweet breakfast bake is loaded with buttery croissants, chocolate chips and a dash of cinnamon! Make this Chocolate Croissant Breakfast Bake for breakfast or brunch… everyone is sure to love it.
Ingredients for Chocolate Croissant Breakfast Bake
This recipe does have options when it comes to the ingredients especially if you can find chocolate croissants in grocery stores near you! You will need:
- Croissants- regular or chocolate will work. If you use chocolate croissants you can skip the chocolate chips. Also, it doesn’t matter if you use mini croissants or the regular/ large ones as long as you have enough to fill your baking dish.
- Chocolate chips- we used semi-sweet but dark or milk chocolate chips can be used as well.
- Eggs- these will hold the bake together.
- Milk- regular or non-dairy can be used, whichever you prefer.
- Cinnamon and vanilla extract- for a little extra flavor.
How to Make Chocolate Croissant Breakfast Bake
This breakfast bake is super easy to put together. To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then, spray your 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
Then, into a mixing bowl, crack the eggs. Whisk the eggs until they are well combined. Next, add the milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stir the egg mixture well.
Break the croissants into bite-size pieces and add them into the mixing bowl with the egg mixture. Also, add half of the chocolate chips. Toss the croissant pieces and chocolate chips to coat evenly in the egg mixture.
Pour mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes or until eggs are completely set and it starts to turn golden brown.
Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with maple syrup if desired… whipped cream would also be delicious!
Frequently Asked Questions
Croissants can be found in the bakery section or sometimes in the freezer section. Ones found in the freezer can be baked fresh and then used in the recipe after that.
I have not tested this recipe with crescent rolls. Crescent rolls are very different from croissants. I’m sure it would still be delicious but it will be much more dense with crescent rolls in place of croissants.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an air tight container or just cover the baking dish once cooled and put in the refrigerator.
Absolutely! This recipe can be made all the way through baking ahead of time. Store the bake in the refrigerator after cooling. Then, pop it into the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until warmed through before serving.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
For more breakfast recipes, try our Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins, Pesto Baked Eggs, Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats, Healthy Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal, Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Almond Butter Toast with Strawberries and Honey, Vegetable Egg Casserole with Zucchini and Roasted Red Peppers, Homemade Pop Tarts, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Scones and Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti.
- 6-8 croissants (about 1 lb of croissants- enough to fill your 8x8 baking dish) **If using chocolate croissants do not add chocolate chips**
- 2/3 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk or dark)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Into a mixing bowl, crack the eggs. Whisk the eggs until they are well combined.
- Add the milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stir the egg mixture well.
- Break the croissants into bite-size pieces and add them into the mixing bowl with the egg mixture. Also, add half of the chocolate chips.
- Toss the croissant pieces and chocolate chips to coat evenly in the egg mixture.
- Pour mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish and top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes or until eggs are completely set and it starts to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with maple syrup if desired... whipped cream would also be delicious!
Store leftover breakfast bake in the refrigertor once cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 552Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 249mgSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 4gSugar: 23gProtein: 16g