Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Muffins are the perfect healthy make ahead breakfast to have during a busy week or to keep on hand as a quick snack! These muffins are loaded with good for you ingredients including protein powder and almond flour. Plus, they are gluten free and can be made dairy free depending on what protein powder is used.
Ingredients for Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Muffins
Here are the ingredients needed for this recipe along with some modifications to ingredients:
- almond flour
- cocoa powder
- chocolate protein powder– use whey or plant based! Also, if you don’t have chocolate protein powder on hand any other flavor can be used that you think will pair well with the chocolate flavor the cocoa powder adds to this recipe.
- baking powder
- vegetable oil- or melted coconut oil!
- vanilla extract
- peanut butter- creamy, chunky or natural peanut butter, it’s your choice. Every kind will work well for this recipe. Also, this can be subbed out for any other nut butter if you prefer.
More Protein Powder Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Covered Almond Protein Bites
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bites
- PB&J Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Protein Bites
- Protein Packed Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Muffins
This recipe is so simple to make! First, preheat your oven and prepare your muffin tin. You can either line the muffin tin with muffin liners or spray it with non-stick spray. Then, in a mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
Next, add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Divide the muffin batter among the 12 muffin cups then bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. You’ll want a couple of small crumbs on the toothpick. Then, let cool and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Before baking try chocolate chips, nuts or a swirl of peanut butter. After baking, but before eating we recommend a little spread of peanut butter on top!
Store these protein muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. To keep longer wrap tight and freeze for up to 2 months.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more easy breakfast recipes to love? Try our Bacon Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Pesto Baked Eggs, Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins, Almond Butter Toast with Strawberries and Honey, Vegetable Egg Casserole with Zucchini and Roasted Red Peppers, Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Acai Bowl, Raspberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Muffins, Bacon and Cheese Quiche and Easy Chocolate Banana Strawberry Smoothie.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Add all remaining ingredients: vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract and peanut butter. Stir until combined.
- Evenly distribute batter among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out almost clean. A few little crumbs on the toothpick is what you are looking for.
- Let cool or enjoy immediately. Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Freeze muffins to keep for up to 2 months.
Whey or vegan protein powder will work for this recipe!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 313mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 11g