A soft buttery cookie topped with a roasted pecan and a chocolate drizzle is what makes these Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies so perfect! These cookies are sure to be a crowd pleaser and they would make a terrific addition to a cookie platter or cookie swap!
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
How to make Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
Simple is the perfect way to describe how to make these cookies! There are only 6 ingredients total! To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, combine the flour, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Mix by hand, with a hand mixer, or stand mixer until well combined. You will not need any additional liquid for the dough.
Bake cookies for about 13 minutes or until nut is roasted and bottoms of cookies start to turn lightly golden. Remove cookies from pan and let cool completely.
Once cookies are completely cool, melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over the cookies. If you want more chocolate go ahead and dip half of the cookie! Move cookies into the refrigerator to help chocolate set. When chocolate is set, cookies can be put on a platter or stored for later.
Storage Tips for Cookies
Once the chocolate has set on these cookies you will want to store them at room temperature. Keeping shortbread in the refrigerator any longer will make it taste stale. Store these cookies in an airtight container with wax or parchment paper in between layers if you want to keep the chocolate from getting crumbs in it.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more cookie recipes? Here are some of our favorites: Homemade Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies, Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ricotta Cookies, Peppermint Crescent Cookies, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls, Microwave Mint Chocolate Fudge, Italian Cookies, Cream Cheese Logs, Chocolate Pretzel Bark, Snickerdoodles, Reindeer Poop Cookies, Chocolate Crinkles, Cranberry Noel Cookies, and Russian Tea Cakes. If you are looking for holiday cookies, be sure to check out our Christmas Cookie List!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tap salt
- 36 pecans (raw and unsalted)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, butter and salt. Mix well by hand, with a hand mixer, or stand mixer.
- Divide cookie dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Roll and then place on baking sheet. Press a pecan into the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 13 minutes or until pecan is toasted and bottoms of cookies are slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Once all cookies are completely cool, melt chocolate and drizzle over cookies. If you want more chocolate, dip half of the cookie in chocolate.
- Put cookies in refrigerator for chocolate to set. Once set, remove from refrigerator and store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. To keep chocolate from sticking or getting crumbs in it, place a layer of parchment paper or wax paper in between layers of cookies.
If you prefer a different nut it can be substituted for the pecans. Also, any type of chocolate will work: semi-sweet, milk or dark.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 36 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 99Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 14mgSodium 41mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 1g