These Chocolate Sunbutter Cups are vegan, nut-free, delicious and only require 4 ingredients to make! Have a batch of these made and store them in your refrigerator for a quick treat. These are a great peanut-free dessert for those with a peanut allergy. Especially those who love the combination of nuts and chocolate.
How to Make Chocolate Sunbutter Cups
This recipe is super simple to make and only requires 4 ingredients! You will need dairy-free chocolate chips, coconut oil, sunbutter, and powdered sugar. Follow the quick tutorial below for a visual step-by-step:
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Dark or milk chocolate will work well this recipe as well. Follow the directions the same and use your favorite chocolate chips.
Yes, however, if you use a sweetened nut or seed butter you may want to skip the powdered sugar so they are not overly sweet.
Yes, the recipe will make about 6-8 larger chocolate sunbutter cups.
No, but this ingredient helps make the chocolate smoother, easier to spread and gives it a beautiful shine when it is solid.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Love chocolate? So do we! Check out our Double Chocolate Shortbread Cookies, Raspberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Muffins, Homemade Vegan Salted Hot Chocolate, Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars, Chocolate Covered Almond Protein Bites, Simple White Chocolate Blackberry Scones, Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats, Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pecan and Oatmeal Cookies and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus.
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips and
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (divided)
- 2 tsp coconut oil (divided)
- 1/3 cup sunbutter
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Put paper liners into 12 mini muffin cups or 6 large muffin cups.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 1 tsp coconut oil. Microwave at intervals of 15-20 seconds and stir frequently.
- Divide chocolate among lined muffin cups. Use a knife or spoon to spread the chocolate up the sides of the liners.
- Put muffin pan in refrigerator to let set.
- Combine sunbutter with powdered sugar and stir well. If sunbutter is sweetened , sugar may not be needed.
- Divide sunbutter into chocolate lined muffin cups.
- Melt remaining chocolate and coconut oil and divide into muffin cups.
- Refrigerate to let chocolate set.
- Once chocolate is set, remove from muffin pan and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
See blog post for frequently asked questions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.