Homemade Cilantro Lime Hummus is a twist on classic hummus that is loaded with cilantro and lime flavor. Use it as a dip for vegetables, chips or pretzels or as a spread on a sandwich!
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Hummus
You’ll need a handful of ingredients for this recipe and many of them are pantry staples. You will need:
- one lime
- olive oil
- fresh cilantro leaves
How to Make Cilantro Lime Hummus
This recipe is easy to make as long as you have a quality food processor or blender. To start, zest the lime and set the zest aside. Then, combine the lime juice and tahini in the blender or food processor. Blend together to loosen the tahini paste.
Next, add in the remaining ingredients: chickpeas, olive oil, water, garlic, salt and fresh cilantro leaves. Blend well. Scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor often to incorporate everything together. You may need to stop the food processor or blender a few times to make sure everything is combined well.
Once blended, transfer hummus to a bowl and refrigerate to chill before serving. This hummus can be made in advance and is good for at least five days.
Ways to Serve Hummus
- As a dip with pretzels, pita, or vegetables like cucumber, carrots, peppers etc.
- Spread on a sandwich
- Add to a salad or grain bowl such as this Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this hummus recipe is both gluten free and vegan. There is no dairy in this recipe.
Yes, add some jalapeno to the blender or food processor to kick up the heat!
Hummus is made primarily from chickpeas making it high in fiber. It is a great addition to your weekly menu! As with anything, eat in moderation.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
For more snack recipes try our Lemon Blueberry Snack Cake, Healthy Deviled Eggs Recipe, Snickers Stuffed Dates, Homemade Crock Pot 3-Ingredient Applesauce, Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal, Dairy Free Queso with Ground Chicken, Healthy Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites, Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Acai Bowl and Mango Pear & Spinach Smoothie.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Zest the lime and set the zest aside.
- Combine the lime juice and tahini in the blender or food processor.
- Blend together to loosen the tahini paste.
- Add in the remaining ingredients: chickpeas, olive oil, water, garlic, salt and fresh cilantro leaves. Blend well. Scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor often to incorporate everything together.
- Once blended, transfer hummus to a bowl and refrigerate to chill before serving.
This hummus can be made in advance and is good for at least five days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 418mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g