Lots of coconut and chocolate chips make these cookies the best! All you need with these Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies is a glass of milk!
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
How to make Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these cookies you will need to gather the following ingredients:
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Unsweetened Coconut
- Sweetened Coconut
- Chocolate Chips
I know… you’re wondering why two kinds of coconut? If you use too much of one and not the other the cookies will be too sweet or not sweet enough. Also, both types offer a slightly different texture which makes these cookies perfect.
Next, add salt, vanilla and eggs and mix until combined. Then, add flour, baking soda, unsweetened coconut, sweetened coconut and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
Drop dough onto a baking sheet in tablespoon size balls. If you have been following me for a while you know I love to use a scoop to make sure my cookies are uniform size. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
Let cookies set on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then move to a cooling rack. Once cookies are completely cool store in an airtight container at room temperature.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Still want more cookie recipes? We don’t blame you! Here are some of our favorites: Italian Cookies, Cream Cheese Logs, Chocolate Pretzel Bark, Snickerdoodles, Cranberry Noel Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, Chocolate Crinkles, Reindeer Poop Cookies, Microwave Mint Chocolate Fudge, Peppermint Crescent Cookies, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls, and Ricotta Cookies. If you are looking for holiday cookies, be sure to check out our Christmas Cookie List!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla and eggs and mix until combined.
- Then, add flour, baking soda, unsweetened coconut, sweetened coconut and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Drop dough onto a baking sheet in tablespoon size balls. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cookies set on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
- Once cookies are completely cool store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Use your favorite kind of chocolate chips- semi-sweet, milk and dark chocolate all work!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 72 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g