A Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Log is the perfect appetizer to make for a party! It is super simple with only 4 ingredients and can be put together in about 15 minutes!
How to make a Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Log
The first step to making this simple appetizer is to gather all of your ingredients:
- Goat Cheese Log– these logs can usually be found in the deli or specialty cheese section of the grocery store. This recipe calls for a plain one, however if you see a flavor you would like with the cranberries and pecans, go for it!
- Cranberries– dried sweetened cranberries roughly chopped is all you need.
- Pecans– Roasted and unsalted. I prefer to buy the ones in the baking section that are raw. Then, I toss them on a pan and roast them at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. Chop them up and they are ready for this recipe.
- Honey– any type will work, use your favorite.
Once you have all of the ingredients ready, combine the cranberries and pecans on a plate. Take the log out of the package and roll in the cranberries and pecans. If necessary, push them in so they stick to the cheese better. Once the log is covered on all sides, move it to a serving platter. Drizzle with honey.
Serve with crackers, pretzels, fruit, etc. A small knife will make serving the cheese log easier as well.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Be sure to check out our Easy Beer Cheese Fondue, Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Red Peppers, Homemade Salsa Verde with Pineapple, Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs, Warm Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad, Three Bean Salsa, Black and Green Olive Tapenade, BBQ Chicken Pizza, Homemade Chicken Tenders, Homemade Hummus, Baked Zucchini Chips, Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas, Chickpea Salsa, and Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze.
- 1 8 oz goat cheese log
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2/3 cup pecans, roasted and chopped
- Chop pecans and cranberries and mix together on plate.
- Roll goat cheese log in pecans and cranberries and push them into the cheese. Continue rotating cheese until all sides are covered.
- Move to serving dish and drizzle with honey.
- Serve with crackers, pretzels, fruit, etc.
Nuts can be swapped to accommodate allergies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 6g