Crock Pot Cowboy Soup is a comforting and hearty soup that you can enjoy from fall to winter. This recipe is loaded with vegetables, beans and meat. Start it in the crock pot in the morning and have dinner ready when you get home from work. Serve with cornbread or biscuits for a perfect dinner.
Ingredients for Crock Pot Cowboy Soup
A bunch of hearty ingredients come together to make this comforting and filling meal. You will need:
- Ground meat- chicken, turkey or beef can be used!
- Red bell pepper
- Sweet onion
- Minced garlic
- Crushed tomatoes (or diced tomatoes)
- Baked beans
- Black beans
- Worcestershire sauce
- Chili powder
- shredded cheese and tortilla strips for topping, optional
How to Make Crock Pot Cowboy Soup
While the meat is cooking, you can begin to add all remaining ingredients to the crock pot. Do not drain the cans of tomatoes, beans and corn (put all liquid in the crock pot). Stir to combine all of the ingredients well. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Once the soup finishes cooking stir it before serving. If desired serve topped with cheese and tortilla strips or a side of cornbread.
Frequently Asked Questions
Leftover cowboy soup should be left to cool completely and then stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Of course! Go ahead and leave out the meat and make sure to use vegetarian baked beans. Also, more vegetables can be added if desired such as mushrooms and potatoes!
We recommend cornbread or corn muffins, tortilla chips, or a grilled cheese to compliment this soup!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Love to make soup? Check out our One Pot Dairy-Free Chicken Tortilla Soup, Healthy Vegan White Bean Stew, Delicious Italian Wedding Soup, One Pot Carrot Rice Soup, One Pot Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup, Pumpkin Carrot Soup and Homemade French Onion Soup.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground meat (chicken, turkey or beef)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 16 oz can baked beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 cup salsa
- cheese and tortilla strips for toppings, optional
- In a large skillet, cook ground meat until browned. Drain ground meat if necessary to remove excess fat.
- Add meat to a large crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the crock pot. Do not drain the cans of tomatoes, beans and corn (put all liquid in the crock pot).
- Stir to combine all of the ingredients well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir before serving.
Let any remaining leftovers cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat within 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 969mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 10gSugar: 15gProtein: 33g