Crock Pot Pasta Sauce is so easy to make and has so many uses. Plus, it will make your home smell delicious. Cooking this sauce in the crock pot gives it so much flavor since it can easily cook much longer than if it was on the stove top.
Also, because this is a homemade sauce you can control so many of the variables. This recipe is added sugar free, vegan and vegetarian!
How to make Crock Pot Pasta Sauce
This recipe could not be easier to make. Simply gather all of the ingredients and combine them in the crock pot. Set the crock pot to low and cook for 4-8 hours on low. If you are around while the sauce is cooking, I recommend stirring it every couple hours, however if you are not then don’t worry about it!
The ingredients you will need are (scroll down for recipe):
- Canned crushed tomatoes- I get the ones with no other ingredients except for tomatoes. There are many different varieties but I like to add my own seasoning.
- Canned tomato sauce- Again, this will have just one ingredient. Make sure there is no added sugar or seasoning.
- Tomato paste- This ingredient helps to add a lot of strong flavor to the sauce because it is so condensed. Be sure to get the plain variety.
- Italian seasoning- dried spices will work perfectly in this recipe because of the cooking time.
- Chopped garlic- There is an amount in the recipe however feel free to add as much as you prefer! There is no such thing as too much garlic in my opinion!
- Salt and pepper- add these during cooking or at the end to your taste.
Now that you have all of this delicious sauce… what should you do with it?
How to use Pasta Sauce
This pasta sauce has so many uses! Here are a few of my favorite ways to use this versatile sauce:
- Of course, just put it on pasta!
- Add meatballs or sausage into the crock pot to cook along with the sauce.
- As a pizza sauce
- In a lasagna (or this Spinach Lasagna)
- Eggplant or chicken parmesan
- As a dip with mozzarella sticks or Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
- Sausage Casserole or Baked Ziti
Need some more ideas? Check out this list of 50 Things to Make with Pasta Sauce!
This recipe makes a pretty big batch of sauce. Any leftover should be cooled and then stored in the refrigerator. Use the sauce within a week or freeze it! Sauce will freeze well and can be used after defrosted and reheated.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you love this recipe be sure to check out these other sauce recipes: Easy Homemade Meat Sauce and Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce. Or looking or more simple meal recipes? Try our Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, Simple Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata, Three Bean Turkey Chili, Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas, or Turkey Sloppy Joes!
- 2 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 28 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp chopped garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large crock pot.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cook on low for 4-8 hours. If able, stir every couple hours.
- Serve as desired.
Leftover sauce can be stored in the refrigerator but should be used within 1 week. Sauce can also be frozen to use later.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 483mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g