These Crunchy Parmesan Kale Chips are delicious as a side dish or snack! If you are looking for an easy way to add more greens to your meals this a simple way to do it.
How to make Crunchy Parmesan Kale Chips
This snack or side dish is super easy and will be ready in under 20 minutes. First, prepare the kale. Remove any large stems and thick veins as these will not get crunchy in the oven. Then, place kale in bite-size pieces on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil; toss lightly. Spread kale out into an even layer. Then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes.
Let cool for a minute or two and remove from the pan. Serve chips as a side dish or snack and enjoy!
When making this recipe, plan to make only what you will eat in a day. I do not recommend storing these longer than a day as they will loose their crunchiness and may grow bacteria with no preservatives used.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out our Easy Roasted Potatoes, Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob, Homemade Strawberry Applesauce, Fried Plantains, Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad, Smashed Potatoes, Crock Pot Baked Potatoes, Baked Zucchini Chips, Homemade Macaroni and Cheese, Almond and Mandarin Quinoa Salad, Forbidden Rice and Beans, Strawberry Smoothie Bowl, Homemade Salsa Verde with Pineapple and Cinnamon Toast Crunch Protein Bites.
- 1 bunch of kale (5-6 cups already chopped kale)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep the kale. Be sure to remove the leaves from the stem and remove any large veins as those will not cook well.
- Break leaves into smaller pieces, but not too small as they will cook down in the oven.
- Spread kale chips on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss lightly.
- Try to make an even layer of kale on the baking sheet so they will cook evenly and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes depeding on the size of your kale chips.
- Let cool slightly and remove from pan.
If you have any leftover kale chips they can be stored in an airtight container and should be consumed within a day.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g