Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad is super simple to make and only requires a handful of ingredients. This recipe is light and can be added to many different meals.
How to make Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad
This salad couldn’t be any more simple to make! Chop up your tomatoes, onion and cucumbers and toss in a bowl with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving to allow it to marinate.
This salad can be made up to a day ahead of time. Just be sure to store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap.
Serve this salad a number of different ways:
- By itself- its delicious!
- Add it to cold or warm pasta for a quick pasta salad
- Serve along with grilled meat and rice
- Add some feta cheese to make it heartier
Regardless of how you serve it, it is sure to be enjoyed! Pin this image for later:
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out these other recipes: Easy Roasted Potatoes, Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob, Tomato Basil Pasta Salad, Warm Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salsa, Pumpkin Risotto, Forbidden Rice and Beans, Almond and Mandarin Quinoa Salad, Polynesian Power Grain Bowl, Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad, Carrot Rice Soup and Peanut Butter Banana Acai Bowl.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp pepper (depending on preference)
- Wash and chop cucumbers. Slice in half the long way and in half again. Then, slice for quarters.
- Rinse and halve the tomatoes. If using large tomatoes, cut into chunks about the same size as the cucumbers.
- Slice red onion into thin slices and in half.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss to combine well.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving.
Red onion can be substituted for another type of onion if preferred.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 106Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 592mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 2g