This Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue recipe is easy to make, super rich, and happens to be vegan and gluten free as well. The chocolate fondue will be ready in about 10 minutes and then decide what you want to dip into it. We have included directions for making this in a fondue pot, a double boiler on the stove or even your microwave!
Ingredients for Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue
This recipe is easy to make with just a handful of ingredients. For this recipe you will need:
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- Coconut cream
- Vanilla extract
After you gather your ingredients this recipe will take about 10 minutes to make and then it is ready to go! See the recipe card below and decide which method you want to use.
What to dip in chocolate fondue?
The options are seriously endless here, but here are some of our favorite suggestions:
- berries: strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries
- graham crackers
- vanilla wafers
- rice krispie treats
Be sure to grab dairy-free versions of anything you are dipping if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let the leftover fondue cool and then store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Reheat the fondue when ready to eat in the microwave or on the stove.
Fill a pot halfway with water and bring it to a simmer. Then, place a bowl on top to create a double boiler. Use the bowl on top as you would a fondue pot.
Yes, oat milk would be a good substitution. Oat milk is thicker than almond milk or soy milk so that would be the best replacement. The coconut cream gives it a richness that is harder to duplicate with non-dairy milks.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more easy dairy free recipes? Try our Vegan Chocolate Truffles, Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Corn Casserole, Easy Chicken Taco Pasta, One Pot Dairy Free Chicken Tortilla Soup, Dairy-Free Queso with Ground Chicken, Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes, Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and Gluten-Free Teriyaki Chicken Wings.
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Shake the can of coconut cream to incorporate the cream with the coconut milk.
- To use a fondue pot: turn on your fondue pot to medium low and add the coconut cream to the pot. Let heat until warm and add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Stir often until melted and warmed through. Lower heat once combined and warmed through. Leave on low while dipping and stir often.
- To use a double boiler: heat water in a pot over medium heat until simmering and lower heat. Place bowl on top of pot and add coconut cream, chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Stir often until melted, warmed and combined. Then pour into serving dish.
- To use the microwave: combine chocolate chips and coconut cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 1 minute increments on power level 5. Stir well in between. Heat until warmed through and combined well. Add vanilla and then pour into serving dish.
- See notes for storing leftover fondue.
Store leftover fondue in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Before serving heat in the microwave, fondue pot or in a double boiler.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 2g