This Dark Chocolate Walnut Biscotti recipe is loaded with dark chocolate chips and chopped walnuts, and baked until perfectly crisp! Biscotti is simple to make, best served with coffee or tea and makes a great gift!
Ingredients for Dark Chocolate Walnut Biscotti
This recipe for biscotti is super easy to make and calls for just a handful of ingredients. For this recipe you will need:
See the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredient amounts.
How to Make Dark Chocolate Walnut Biscotti
Biscotti is a cookie that is twice baked. The first step to making biscotti is to mix all of the ingredients together. The easiest way, since its a thick batter, is to use a stand mixer. Simply put all of the ingredients in the mixer with the paddle attachment and mix until combined. If you don’t have a stand mixer, use a spatula or your hands to combine the batter.
Next, move the batter onto a parchment lined sheet pan and shape into a loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden. Once it is removed from the oven move to a cutting board and let cool.
Once the biscotti is cooled completely, slice into 1/2 inch thick slices and place back on the baking sheet with parchment paper. Return to the oven at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until slightly crispy on the top. Finally, let cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a nut allergy or will be serving these to someone with an allergy, cut out the nuts and add extra chocolate or dried fruit in place of the nuts.
Of course! Try semi sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips or even white chocolate chips.
Store biscotti at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoy this easy recipe, be sure to check out our Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies, Strawberry Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins, Delicious Homemade Dark Chocolate Coconut Granola, Bacon and Cheese Quiche, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal, Russian Tea Cakes, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Protein Bites, Chocolate Covered Almond Protein Bites, Peanut Butter Honey Muffins, Banana Scones, Sour Cream Coffee Cake or Nutella Chickpea Brownies. If you are looking for holiday cookies, be sure to check out our Christmas Cookie List!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix on low speed until combined. If you don't have a stand mixer use a spatula or hands to mix.
- Move dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and shape into a loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Once baked, remove from baking sheet. Place onto a cutting board and let cool completely.
- Slice into 1/2 inch slices then return to the prepared baking sheet (line with parchment paper again for easier clean up).
- Bake again at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
If there is a nut allergy walnuts can be substituted for more chocolate or dried fruit.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/12 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g