These Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies are moist, chewy and super simple to make! This recipe will be ready in about an hour and you should have most of the ingredients in your pantry.
How to make Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease and 8 x 8 pan with non-stick spray. For even more non-stick power line the pan with parchment paper! In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir together the dry ingredients to combine well. In a second bowl, whip together the softened cream cheese, vanilla, eggs, water and oil with a hand mixer.
Then, add liquid ingredients and chocolate chips to dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Do not over stir or the brownies can end up with a tougher texture. Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the middle comes out almost clean. Let the brownies cool and then slice.
These brownies will be gone pretty quickly but in case they are not… Store them in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature. Or, in an airtight container they can be frozen for up to 2 months. When ready to eat, let defrost at room temperature.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to try our Nutella Chickpea Brownies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chickpea Brownies, Chewy M&M Cookie Bars, Black Moon Whoopie Pies, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Scones, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls, Microwave Mint Chocolate Fudge, Dark Chocolate Walnut Biscotti, Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars, and Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 T water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8 x 8 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir together to combine well.
- In another bowl, whip together the softened cream cheese, vanilla, eggs, water and oil with a hand mixer.
- Add liquid ingredients and chocolate chips to dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Do not overstir.
- Pour into the greased baking dish and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the middle comes out almost clean.
- Let cool, slice and serve.
White chocolate chips can be swapped for any kind of chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1/16th pan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g