Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
These Double Chocolate Shortbread cookies are buttery and loaded with white chocolate chips! Plus, they are a slice and bake cookie. There are a few ways to make these cookies so see below for some modifications.
How to make Double Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
The dough for these cookies is simple to make. First, cream together butter and sugar. Then, add vanilla and salt. Stir well. Next, add egg and egg yolk and stir to combine. Then, add flour, cocoa and white chocolate chips. Mix until dough forms.
Roll the dough out into log and wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper. Press sides down on counter to form into a square. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until very firm. Slice into 1/3″ slices and place on a baking sheet.
Bake cookies at 325 degrees for 12 minutes. Cool on sheet pan for a couple minutes then cool fully on wire rack. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
NOTE: Dough can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week before baking.
- Try orange or peppermint extract instead of vanilla for a delicious twist on this recipe.
- Swap the white chocolate chips for any combination of white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, nuts, mint chips or peanut butter chips, etc. Use 1 cup combined.
- Roll sides of dough in coconut before baking.
- Dip in chocolate for even more chocolate flavor.
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out all of our cookies such as Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pecan and Oatmeal Cookies, Chewy M&M Cookie Bars, Christmas Cookie List, Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies, Homemade Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies, Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ricotta Cookies, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls and Peppermint Crescent Cookies.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Double Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
These Double Chocolate Shortbread Cookies are loaded with chocolate flavor and lots of white chocolate chips. Plus, they are a slice and bake cookie.
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and salt. Stir well.
- Add egg and egg yolk. Stir well.
- Add flour, cocoa and white chocolate chips. Mix until dough forms.
- Roll dough out into log and wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper. Press sides down on counter to form into a square. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until very firm.
- Slice into 1/3" slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Cool on sheet pan for a couple minutes then cool fully on wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store these cookies in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g