Easy Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Eggplant Fries are a delicious way to prepare eggplant. They are perfect for an appetizer, snack, side dish or pair with salad or pasta for a meal.
How to Make Easy Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Eggplant Fries
Before slicing up the eggplant, prepare your breading station. In one bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic salt and pepper; stir well. In a second bowl, combine eggs and water and whisk well.
Then, place all eggplant fries in a large bowl and add flour. Toss to coat. Next, dip eggplant into egg then breadcrumb mixture. Repeat until all fries are breaded.
Depending on the size of your air fryer these may need to be done in 2-3 batches. After the air fryer is preheated place a single layer of eggplant fries in the air fryer basket. Spray cooking spray over the fries to help them get more crispy. Cook at 375 degrees for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve with pasta sauce for dipping or enjoy plain.
These are perfect on their own for an appetizer or side dish. To create a meal consider adding a salad or pasta dish.
Any leftover fries can be stored in the refrigerator. Toss them into the air fryer for 3-4 minutes at 375 degrees to crisp them up before serving.
Eggplant Buying Tips
If you aren’t familiar with eggplant, they can be an intimidating vegetable to buy. According to The Kitchn, there are 5 things to look for when buying an eggplant at the grocery store or farmers market.
First, look for one that is heavy for its size. Then, make sure it is shiny and the stem is green. It should also be slightly firm. Smaller eggplants may be less bitter than larger ones as well.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Vegan 7 Layer Mexican Dip
- Crock Pot 3-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Pork and Brown Rice Meatballs
- Simple Cheddar Cheese Fondue
- Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Log
- Black and Green Olive Tapenade
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Swap the breadcrumbs for your favorite gluten free breadcrumbs and use gluten free flour in place of the all purpose flour.
Of course! Panko breadcrumbs tend to be larger and may not coat the eggplant fries as completely but they can be used.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more recipes like this one? Try our Simple Cheddar Cheese Fondue, Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Log, Three Cheese Stuffed Shells, Crunchy Parmesan Kale Chips, Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Red Peppers, Baked Zucchini Chips, Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze, Black Bean Quinoa Burgers, Tomato Basil Pasta Salad, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Fried Eggplant with Arugula Caprese Salad, Forbidden Rice and Beans, Basil Parmesan Risotto and Almond and Mandarin Quinoa Salad.
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 eggplant
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- cooking spray
- Prepare your breading station. In one bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic salt and pepper. Stir well. In a second bowl, combine eggs and water and whisk well.
- Peel eggplant (if desired) and then slice into "fries". Try to keep size uniform so they cook evenly.
- Before beginning breading, preheat your air fryer. Set it to 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Place all eggplant fries in a large bowl and add flour. Toss to coat.
- Then, dip eggplant into egg then breadcrumb mixture. Repeat until all fries are breaded.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer these may need to be done in 2-3 batches. After the air fryer is preheated place a single layer of eggplant fries in the air fryer. Spray with cooking spray over the fries to help them get more crispy.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve with pasta sauce for dipping or enjoy plain.
Leftover eggplant fries can be stored in the refrigerator and then warmed up in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes to make crispy again.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 759mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g