This Easy Chicken Taco Pasta recipe is loaded with chicken, peppers, onions, black beans, cream cheese and then topped with cilantro! This is a one pot dish that will be ready to eat in about 30 minutes making it the perfect choice for a weeknight dinner at home. The whole family is sure to love this meal.
Ingredients for Easy Chicken Taco Pasta
This recipe has gluten-free and dairy-free options for those who need it… if that’s not you just skip over that part! For this recipe you will need:
- olive oil
- red bell pepper
- ground chicken
- taco seasoning
- chicken broth
- milk (non-dairy such as almond or soy milk if desired)
- pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- black beans
- cream cheese (non-dairy if desired)
How to make Easy Chicken Taco Pasta
First, chop the onion, bell pepper, garlic and cilantro. Set aside the chopped vegetables and herbs. Next, heat a large pot on the stove over medium heat. Add the oil to warmed pot. Then, add chicken, chopped onion and bell pepper. Let cook until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently. Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Next, add taco seasoning, chicken broth, milk, black beans and pasta. Stir well and cover the pot. Turn up the heat and bring it to simmer. Once simmering, remove the lid and stir frequently until pasta is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed. Once pasta is cooked, remove from the heat and stir in the cream cheese until melted and combined. Top with chopped cilantro and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
This pasta is easy to reheat in the microwave. If it is a little dry add a splash of milk or broth and stir it in and heat a little more.
This recipe should be stored in the refrigerator and eaten within 5 days. I would not recommend freezing this recipe.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Do you love one pot recipes? Try our One Pot Dairy Free Chicken Tortilla Soup, One Pot Pineapple Pork Fried Rice, One Pot Carrot Rice Soup, Italian Sausage Orzo, One Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo, One Pot Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup and One Pot Black Bean and Corn Soup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 oz packet taco seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (non-dairy if desired)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- 8 oz cream cheese (non-dairy if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Chop onion, bell pepper, garlic and cilantro.
- Heat a large pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Add oil to warmed pot and add chicken, chopped onion and bell pepper. Let cook until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning, chicken broth, milk, black beans and pasta. Stir well and cover. Turn up the heat and bring it to simmer.
- Once simmering, remove the lid and stir frequently until pasta is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Once pasta is cooked, remove from the heat and stir in the cream cheese until melted and combined.
- Top with chopped cilantro and serve.
Substitute ground beef or turkey in this recipe if you prefer.
This recipe is excellent with the gluten and dairy free substitutes!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 1161mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 30g