This recipe for an Easy Homemade Meat Sauce is perfect for pasta lovers! It is super fast to put together and then just let it simmer for the flavors to meld together. The sauce will stay good for about a week in the refrigerator.
Pour the Easy Homemade Meat Sauce over pasta, use it in lasagna, or on sandwiches. The possibilities are endless! Also, any ground meat will work for this recipe. We used ground chicken to keep it lean however ground beef, turkey, or sausage would be great as well!
Does your family love pasta? Be sure to visit our Pasta and Sauce pages! Also, be sure to check out Chili Mac and Cheese, Three Bean Turkey Chili, Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas, Shepherd’s Pie, Butternut Squash Risotto with Bacon, Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad, Almond Crusted Chicken, Feta Turkey Burgers with Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries, BBQ Chicken Salad, Collection of Store-Bought Foods You can Easily Make at Home and Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Hash.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 pounds ground chicken
- 25 oz plain tomato sauce (it should only have one ingredient)
- 6 oz roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Heat oil in a large sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook additional 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add ground chicken and cook through. Break into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add sauce, peppers, and seasonings. Simmer over low heat for at least 20 minutes up to 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Beef, turkey or sausage will work well too in place of the chicken!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 1055mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 20g