This Easy Homemade Pasta Carbonara is a delicious and quick meal for all pasta lovers. It will be ready in under 30 minutes. Pasta Carbonara is one of my favorite pasta dishes to order at Italian restaurants.
How to make Pasta Carbonara
If you love an easy meal that is ready in under 30 minutes, then rhis recipe is for you. Check out this video before you make it to get a visual of how to do it.
This recipe is easy to make and here are a couple tips to ensure it comes out perfectly:
- Have all of your ingredients prepped before you start cooking. This recipe moves quickly and this will make it go smoothly.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to your personal preferences. Add more pepper to give it a little kick.
- Don’t skip the butter! This will help to make it creamy and keep the pasta from sticking together.
- Serve immediately. This pasta dish is best served hot.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoyed this Easy Homemade Pasta Carbonara be sure to check out Italian Pasta Salad, Chili Mac and Cheese, Sausage Casserole, Three Cheese Stuffed Shells, Tomato Basil Pasta Salad, Homemade Macaroni and Cheese, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Lasagna, Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, Easy Homemade Meat Sauce, Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce and Citrus Chicken Pasta.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 pound bacon, Canadian bacon, or ham
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup reserved hot pasta water
- Start a pot of water to cook the pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- Chop bacon.
- In a small skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add bacon and cook thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, pepper and salt together.
- Grease a large mixing bowl with remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Before draining pasta, scoop out 1/4 cup of water. Save for later.
- Drain pasta and add to greased bowl.
- Add bacon and toss to combine.
- Slowly add eggs and stir well. Continue stirring while adding so that the eggs do not scramble.
- Add cheese and stir well. If desired, add pasta water to adjust consistency. It should be nice and creamy and coating all of the pasta evenly.
- Serve immediately.
This pasta dish is best served immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 683mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g