This Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl is easy to put together, nutrient-dense and perfect for meal prep. Have this bowl for lunch or dinner and add an animal protein if you desire.
This post was inspired by a guest post from Kristina at Health Well Styled called 9 Habits for a Healthier 2020. She talked about the importance of cooking at home and the Panera Mediterranean Bowl was an example she used. So, here is my version! Of course, there are many ways to change this and make it yours!
Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl Ingredients
The best part about this bowl is you can prep the ingredients one time at the beginning of the week and throw it together super fast when you are ready to eat it. And, these ingredients are incredible when it comes to nutrition. Here are some fun facts for you:
- Quinoa– one of the most protein rich foods, containing all 9 essential amino acids
- Hummus– full of plant-based protein and fiber
- Arugula– high in calcium
- Tomatoes- full of lycopene, vitamin K and potassium
- Feta Cheese- contains healthy bacteria and fatty acids
- Cucumbers- high in nutrients and promotes hydration
There’s also kalamata olives, olive oil, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar in this delicious bowl! If there are other ingredients you like in your bowls feel free to change it up!
Looking for more recipes? Try our Easy Roasted Potatoes, Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob, Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Smoothie, Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Log, Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Red Peppers, Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats, Chicken Bone Broth, Easy Homemade Chocolate Hummus, Autumn Harvest Juice, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Protein Bites, Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal, Kale Lemonade and Italian Wedding Soup.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 2/3 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 8 kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
- Cook a batch of quinoa (or use leftovers from another meal). We cook our quinoa in broth to give it more flavor.
- Once quinoa is ready, it can used hot or cold in this bowl, combine all of the ingredients together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to customize this bowl in regards to amounts of each item used, however it will affect the nutritional information listed below.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 926mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 15g