Easy Roasted Potatoes are the perfect addition to any meal from breakfast to dinner! Seasoned lightly with soft inside and crunchy outside these potatoes are perfect!
How to make Easy Roasted Potatoes
First, peel, wash and chop potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Put the potatoes into a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are easy to pierce with a fork but NOT MUSHY! This step will ensure that your potatoes will be soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside when they are done cooking.
While the potatoes are cooking, mix together the garlic salt, paprika and pepper and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Once potatoes are ready, drain and move to a large bowl or back to the pot. Add olive oil and mix of seasoning. Stir to coat. Pour onto a greased baking sheet and make sure to spread them in a single layer.
Bake at 400 for 20 minutes and turn halfway. After 20 minutes increase heat to broil and cook for 2-10 minutes depending on how crispy you want them. Remove from the oven and serve.
How to serve potatoes
These potatoes are perfect along side beef or chicken for lunch or dinner. Or add them to some eggs and bacon for a delicious breakfast. These potatoes reheat easily in the microwave, oven or in a skillet so the leftovers will not go to waste!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to try our Baked Zucchini Chips, Bacon and Cheese Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad, Crunchy Parmesan Kale Chips, Crock Pot Baked Potatoes, Homemade Strawberry Applesauce, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salsa, Strawberry Smoothie Bowl, Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Red Peppers and Pumpkin Risotto.
- 4 lbs russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- Wash, peel and chop potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Put potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are easy to pierce with a fork. They need to be tender but not mushy.
- While potatoes cook, combine garlic salt, pepper and paprika. Stir well. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once potatoes are cooked drain and put into a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and seasoning mixture and stir to evenly coat.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray and pour potatoes out onto sheet.
- Spread into a single layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, Flip potatoes halfway through.
- Turn oven up to broil and cook for an additional 2-10 minutes depending on how crispy you want them.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Boiling the potatoes first will cut down on baking time and ensures that the potatoes are cooked all the way through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 428mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g