Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
These Feta Turkey Burgers with Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries make for a delicious and simple meal! The burgers are loaded with melty cheese with a slightly crispy outside. The fries are a delicious combination of salty and sweet!
The ingredients required for this recipe are mostly kitchen staples. There may only be a couple you have not purchased before:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Ground turkey
- Bread crumbs
- Feta cheese- crumbled or block chopped up
- Garlic salt
- Burger buns
- Burger toppings
How to make the Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries
This meal can be ready all at the same time if you get the fries started first. Wash, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into “fries”. On a large baking sheet, toss them in oil, cumin and salt.
Roast at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, turning halfway through. The pan of fries should stay on the top in the oven (when the burgers go in) to help the sweet potatoes and carrots crisp up a little bit. Once your burgers are out of the oven broil the fries for a couple minutes if you like them more crispy.
How to make the Feta Turkey Burgers
To make the burgers, combine all ingredients and form into patties. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spary with non-stick spray. Then, cook for 3-4 minutes per side to get them crispy (like they would on the grill).
Next, move them into the oven on a baking sheet to finish cooking through. The will be cooked through when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Bake at 375 degrees about 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your burgers. Serve the burgers with our without buns and with lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, etc. Add a scoop of fries and enjoy!
If you make a double batch, like we tend to, store them in a container in the refrigerator and heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave (flipping halfway). The leftover burgers will be good for 3-5 days.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more recipes like these Feta Turkey Burgers with Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries? Check out our Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs, Turkey Stuffed Peppers, Turkey Sloppy Joes, Turkey Meatloaf, Forbidden Rice and Beans, Fried Eggplant with Arugula Caprese Salad, Black Bean Quinoa Burgers, Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Hash, Cheddar Cheese Grits with Black Beans, Spinach Lasagna, and Italian Sausage Orzo.
Feta Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato and Carrot Fries
Delicious Turkey Burgers loaded with feta cheese and served with sweet potato and carrot fries.
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 3-5 carrots
- drizzle of oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- burger buns, lettuce, tomato and onion for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash, peel and cut sweet potatoes and carrots into fries.
- On a large baking sheet, drizzle sweet potatoes and carrots with olive oil and sprinkle on cumin and salt.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes or until tender. Flip halfway through.
- While fries are cooking, start the burgers. Combine all remaining ingredients: turkey, bread crumbs, egg, garlic salt, pepper and feta. Then, shape into burgers. There should be 4-6 depending on the size preferred.
- Cook burgers over medium heat about 3-4 minutes to brown on each side. Transfer to baking sheet and put them in the oven. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until cooked through with internal temperature reaching 165 degrees.
- Once the burgers come out of the oven, broil the fries for a couple minutes if you prefer them to be more crispy.
- Serve your burgers with or without buns and whatever toppings you desire.
- Add a serving of fries and enjoy!
These burgers are perfect for meal prep! Make a double batch and have them for dinner then for lunch during the week!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 580Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 178mgSodium: 903mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 7gSugar: 13gProtein: 38g
This post was originally published on February 27, 2019 and updated on June 28, 2021.