This Gluten-Free Chicken Marinade recipe is easy to make, loaded with flavor and super versatile! Marinate your chicken for 1 hour or overnight and then bake, pan fry or grill it. Then, add it to a recipe or serve as your main dish.
Gluten-Free Chicken Marinade Ingredients
This recipe requires just 6 ingredients (including salt and pepper) and there is a good chance you have them all on hand! You will need:
- olive oil
- dried oregano
Simply combine all of the ingredients and shake or stir to combine. Marinate your chicken in the marinade for at least one hour. After chicken is marinated it can be grilled, baked, pan fried or cooked in a slow cooker or instant pot.
- Add to our Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl for a healthy and filling meal
- Serve with a side of white rice and Simple Black Beans.
- Add at the end of making One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta. The oregano and garlic will add a burst of extra flavor to the dish.
- Serve with a side of Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Parmesan and Crock Pot Baked Potatoes.
- Chop up the chicken and put on a wrap with some lettuce, cheese and enjoy for a quick lunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the marinade was mixed in with raw chicken it needs to be thrown out. If not, go ahead and store it at room temperature for up to 3 days.
This marinade can be used on chicken breasts, chicken thighs, etc. Any cut of chicken can use this marinade.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more gluten free chicken recipes? Try our Gluten-Free Teriyaki Chicken Wings, Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken, Easy Chicken Taco Pasta, Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Buffalo Chicken Pasta Casserole, Gluten-Free Oven Baked Almond Crusted Chicken, Simple Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata, Lemon Grilled Chicken and Chicken Marbella.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic, diced
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl or jar. Stir or shake well to combine.
- Marinate chicken for 1 hour up to overnight.
- Bake, grill or cook as desired. Be sure chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Do not store any leftover marinade that was used with raw meat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g