This Quick and Easy Hamburg Soup is the perfect meal for winter. It’s loaded with veggies, pasta and beef. Pair it with fresh rolls and salad for a perfect meal!
How to make Quick and Easy Hamburg Soup
This Quick and Easy Hamburg Soup is so delicious and simple to make. First, chop up the onion, carrots and celery.
Next, heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add vegetables, salt and pepper and cook, stirring every couple minutes. Cook until the vegetables start to become tender and fragrant. About 10 minutes.
Next, add your ground beef and cook until browned and broken up into little pieces.
Then, add your crushed tomatoes, beef broth and bay leaves and bring to a boil. Once the soup is boiling turn the heat to low and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Now it’s time to cook your pasta. Cook the pasta in a separate pot according to the package directions. I prefer to cook the pasta separate and keep them separate in the refrigerator so that the noodles stay al dente instead of absorbing all of the liquid from the soup. Also, I use ditalini noodles but any small pasta will work if you can’t find that shape.
Finally, once your pasta is done pour 1/2-1 cup of noodles into your bowl and top with soup. If desired, sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Like this Quick and Easy Hamburg Soup recipe? Here are a few more of our soup recipes for you to try: Broccoli Cheese Soup, Carrot Rice Soup, Italian Wedding Soup and Chicken Noodle Soup. Looking for more? Try our Tomato Basil Pasta Salad, Homemade Pizza Dough, Smashed Potatoes, 12 Cozy Meals for Fall and Winter, Pineapple Pork Fried Rice and Homemade Sausage Stuffing.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 whole carrots
- 5 stalks celery
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes (plain)
- 6 cups beef broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 lb pasta (ditalini or any small pasta)
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Chop onion, carrots and celery.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add vegetables, salt and pepper to oil and cook about 10 minutes until vegetables start to become tender and fragrant.
- Add in ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up into small pieces.
- Pour in tomatoes, beef broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- While soup simmers, cook pasta according to package in separate pot.
- Serve soup and noodles together and top with parmesan cheese.
Ground turkey or chicken can be substituted for the beef. Flavor will not be affected but nutritional information will.
Keep noodles separate from past when storing leftovers to keep past al dente.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 1124mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 32g