This Healthy Apple Cinnamon Flax Seed Granola is perfect for fall especially if you love the apple and cinnamon combination! Use it on top of yogurt or add milk and enjoy!
Ingredients for Healthy Apple Cinnamon Flax Seed Granola
All you need are 8 simple ingredients to make this granola. Aside from cinnamon, salt, olive oil and vanilla you will need:
- Oats- either quick oats or regular oats will work. Regular oats will give you more crunch. For a gluten-free granola be sure to buy gluten-free oats.
- Flax seed- ground flax seed is much more easily absorbed. To grind up flax seeds if you buy them whole put them in any food processor. Flax seeds provide many benefits including omega-3 fats and fiber.
- Dried apples- these can be found in the produce or with the dried fruits like raisins and prunes. We used the brand Crunchies and they make an apple cinnamon variety.
- Honey (or maple syrup)- to make this granola vegan use maple syrup in place of the honey.
How to store and use granola
This granola will stay fresh for a few weeks if stored at room temperature in an air tight container. I like to use mason jars to store our granola.
Serve this granola with yogurt, in a bowl with milk, on ice cream, in a smoothie bowl like this Strawberry Smoothie Bowl, on a smoothie or add it to trail mix for some extra crunch!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out our Delicious Homemade Dark Chocolate Coconut Granola. For more breakfast recipes, we recommend Peanut Butter Honey Muffins, Bacon and Cheese Quiche, Banana Scones, Lemon Poppy Seed Bread, Sour Cream Coffee Cake, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Scones, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, S’mores French Toast Casserole, Pumpkin Pancakes and Very Berry Blueberry Muffins.
- 4 cups oats (quick or old fashioned oats)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 oz dried apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, salt, cinnamon, olive oil, honey (or maple syrup), vanilla, and ground flax seed. Mix well to coat all oats.
- Spread oats in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir. Return to oven for 10-15 minutes until oats are evenly toasted.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely without stirring.
- Once completely cool, stir and add dried apples.
- Store in an air tight container. Granola will be fresh for at least 10-14 days.
See blog post for details on gluten-free or vegan instructions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 256Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 0mgSodium 103mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 4gSugar 13gProtein 4g