This Healthy Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal is the perfect make ahead breakfast! Bake in a pan or muffin cups for a quick grab and go. It is loaded with oats and fruit and will keep you full and satisfied for hours.
How to Make Healthy Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, decide if you are baking this oatmeal in an 8×8 pan or muffins. Spray whichever pan you choose to use with non-stick cooking spray. The recipe does not need to be altered and can be used as written for either pan.
Then, in a mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Be sure to use overripe bananas for this recipe so they mash well and have lots of sweetness. For tips on how to store ripe bananas visit this post! Next, add all remaining ingredients except blueberries to the bowl and stir well. Then, gently fold in blueberries.
Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish or divide mixture among 12 muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (8×8 pan) or 25-30 minutes (muffin cups) or until lightly golden brown.
Serve immediately or store for later. Store baked oatmeal in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to eat, microwave for 30 seconds to heat up a slice if desired.
More Oat Recipes
- Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Pecan and Pumpkin Seed Granola
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Flax Seed Granola
- Delicious Homemade Dark Chocolate Coconut Granola
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course, just be sure to use certified gluten-free oats!
Old fashioned oats or quick oats are best. Avoid steel cut or instant oats for baked oatmeal recipes.
Yes! Try any other frozen berries. Also, feel free to throw in some nuts or chocolate along with it.
Yes, go ahead and swap the milk for your favorite non-dairy milk such as almond or soy milk. My favorite non-dairy milk to bake with is unsweetened almond milk.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more delicious and healthy breakfast recipes? Try our Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Almond Butter Toast with Strawberries and Honey, Easy French Toast Casserole, Vegetable Egg Casserole with Zucchini and Roasted Red Peppers, Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Acai Bowl and Apple Cinnamon Muffins.
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups oats (quick cooking or old fashioned - not instant)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 pan (or 12 cup muffin tin) with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas.
- Add all remaining ingredients except blueberries and stir well.
- Once combined, gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8x8 baking dish or divide mixture among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (8x8 pan) or 25-30 minutes (muffin cups) or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Microwave for 30 seconds to heat up a slice when ready to eat if desired.
Store your overripe bananas in the freezer to use for recipes like these!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g