This Healthy Vegan White Bean Stew is the perfect, comforting winter meal. It is plant based, gluten free and dairy free! Serve this stew on its own or pair with crackers, bread, salad or a sandwich for a more filling meal.
Ingredients in Healthy Vegan White Bean Stew
Tons of good for you ingredients are loaded into this stew. It is simple to get started and then just let it stew for 30-40 minutes for the flavors to grow. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Vegetable broth
- White beans- navy beans, northern beans or cannellini beans
- Salt and pepper
See the recipe card below for ingredient amounts and complete directions.
More Vegan Recipes to Try
Looking for more delicious and easy vegan recipes to love? Try our:
- Vegan 7 Layer Mexican Dip
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Vegan Pumpkin Cashew Alfredo Sauce
- Simple Black Beans
- One Pot Carrot Rice Soup
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Store this soup in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to eat, defrost and heat in a pot on the stove or microwave until heated through.
Soup can be made quicker and generally has more liquid in it. Stew is “stewed” on the stove longer and has less liquid added.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more soup or stew recipes? Check out our Delicious Italian Wedding Soup, Homemade French Onion Soup, One Pot Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup, Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Quick and Easy Hamburg Soup, One Pot Black Bean and Corn Soup, Broccoli Cheese Soup and Carrot Ginger Soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed (navy, cannellini or northern beans)
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Chop onion, carrots, garlic, spinach and potatoes. Drain and rinse beans and set aside.
- In a large pot, over medium heat add the olive oil.
- Once warm, add onion and carrots and cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients: vegetable broth, white beans, spinach, potatoes, salt, pepper and oregano. Cover pot and raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat to medium-low and let stew for 30-40 minutes.
- Stir every 10 minutes or so. After 30 minutes check to be sure carrots and potatoes are easy to pierce with a fork. If so, remove from heat and serve.
Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1042mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g