The kids had so much fun making these Homemade Chicken Tenders tonight and I am super impressed with their breading skills! Apparently these chicken tenders were so good that there was only one left… and it was just the kids and I eating them! They are super simple to make and don’t take much time to bake.
How to make Homemade Chicken Tenders
All you need is some chicken tenders, flour, eggs, water, and breadcrumbs. Simply dip the chicken in the flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs and bake them!
I kept the seasoning in these to a minimum so the kids would approve, however you could easily spice them up if you or your kids prefer more flavor! If you are looking for tips on how to get your kids in the kitchen check out 5 Reasons Why Should Cook with Your Kids! Just add your seasoning into the flour or breadcrumb mixture.
Serve and enjoy!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more chicken recipes? Check out our Chicken Marbella, Citrus Chicken Pasta, Chicken Pot Pie, Lemon Chicken Orzo, and Lemon Grilled Chicken. Still want more? Try our Fried Plantains, Baked Zucchini Chips, Italian Pasta Salad, Homemade Sausage Stuffing, Homemade Hummus, Simple Black Beans and Chickpea Salsa! For more homemade popular store-bought recipes see our Collection of Store-Bought Foods You can Easily Make at Home.
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1/3 cup flour, we used whole wheat
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set up your breading station. In the first bowl, put the flour. In a second bowl, combine the egg and water and whisk well. In a third bowl, put the bread crumbs.
- Coat the chicken in flour. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumbs and place on non-stick or greased baking sheet. Continue until all chicken is coated.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 20-25 minutes. Turn chicken halfway. Make sure internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached. If you prefer a crunchier chicken tender crust, broil for a few minutes at the end of the baking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve your chicken tenders with your favorite dipping sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 47g