These Easy Homemade Chicken Tenders are super simple to make and don’t take much time to bake. Even the kids can make these! Most of the ingredients are pantry staples as well.
How to make Homemade Chicken Tenders
All you need is some chicken tenders, flour, eggs, water, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and seasoning. Simply dip the chicken in the flour, then eggs, then breadcrumb mixture and bake them!
I kept the seasoning in these to a minimum so the kids would approve, however you could easily spice them up if you or your kids prefer more flavor! If you are looking for tips on how to get your kids in the kitchen check out 5 Reasons Why Should Cook with Your Kids! Just add your seasoning into the flour or breadcrumb mixture. Serve and enjoy!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more chicken recipes? Check out our Chicken Marbella, Citrus Chicken Pasta, Chicken Pot Pie, Lemon Chicken Orzo and Lemon Grilled Chicken. Looking for a side dish? Try our Fried Plantains, Baked Zucchini Chips, Italian Pasta Salad, Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob or Easy Roasted Potatoes! For more homemade popular store-bought recipes see our Collection of Store-Bought Foods You can Easily Make at Home.
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1/3 cup flour, we used whole wheat
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set up your breading station. In the first bowl, put the flour. In a second bowl, combine the egg and water and whisk well. In a third bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, paprika, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Coat the chicken in flour. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumb mixture and place on non-stick or greased baking sheet. Continue until all chicken is coated.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 20-25 minutes. Turn chicken halfway. Make sure internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached. If you prefer a crunchier chicken tender crust, broil for a few minutes at the end of the baking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve your chicken tenders with your favorite dipping sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 47g
This post was originally published on February 11, 2019 and updated March 1, 2021.