This Homemade Cilantro Lime Rice is an easy side dish to make that pairs with many main entrees. If you frequent Chipotle you have definitely had this rice a few times! It is loaded with lime and cilantro flavor. The good news is all you need to make this Chipotle cilantro lime rice copycat recipe is 4 simple ingredients.
Ingredients for Homemade Cilantro Lime Rice
This simple recipe only require 4 ingredients and it comes together quickly making it ideal for weeknight meals. For this recipe you will need:
- white rice- we like to use jasmine rice but any white rice you have on hand will work (brown rice can also be used for this recipe if you would prefer)
- fresh cilantro
- fresh lime juice
How to Make Homemade Cilantro Lime Rice
This recipe is super easy to make! First, start by cooking the white rice. While the rice is cooking, remove the stems from the cilantro and chop up the leaves as fine as you can.
Once the rice is done cooking, stir in the cilantro, lime juice and salt into the cooked rice. Serve as desired. Store any leftover rice in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
What does Cilantro Lime Rice go with?
Wondering what to make with cilantro lime rice? Try these suggestions:
- Make a batch of Simple Black Beans and create your own burrito bowls
- Sweet Fried Plantains and grilled chicken would make a delicious complete meal that’s a little sweet
- Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas
- Tacos (of course) any kind you like- shrimp, chicken, beef, carnitas
- Oven Baked Zesty Lime Shrimp and some roasted or steamed vegetables over cilantro lime rice would make a delicious grain bowl
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Rice is a great healthy side dish for any meal. Plus, cilantro also offers a bunch of health benefits!
Once cooked the rice will be good in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store rice after cooling in an air tight container.
Cilantro lime rice should be reheated in the microwave in 30 second intervals. If the rice is dry try adding a tiny bit of water before reheating.
Looking for more side dish ideas? Try our Forbidden Rice and Beans, Air Fryer Zucchini and Squash, Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Honey and Parmesan Cheese, Sweet and Salty Air Fryer Rainbow Carrots, Simple Black Beans, Homemade French Onion Soup, Easy Oven Baked Zucchini Chips, Smashed Potatoes, Crock Pot Baked Potatoes, Sweet Fried Plantains, Italian Pasta Salad and Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling lower heat and cook until all water is absorbed (about 20 minutes). Alternatively, use a rice cooker to cook the rice!
- While rice is cooking, separate leaves from cilantro stems and chop finely. Also, juice limes and set aside.
- Once rice is cooked, fluff with a spoon or fork then add cilantro, lime juice and salt. Stir well to combine and serve.
Use a rice cooker to cook rice if you have one!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 302mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g