This Homemade Cilantro Lime Rice is an easy side dish to make that pairs with many main entrees. It is loaded with lime and cilantro flavor. All you need to make this recipe is 4 simple ingredients.
How to Make Homemade Cilantro Lime Rice
This recipe is super easy to make! First, start by cooking the white rice. Whichever type of white rice you prefer will work. We like to use Jasmine rice. While the rice is cooking, remove the stems from the cilantro and chop up the leaves as fine as you can.
Once the rice is done cooking, stir in the cilantro, lime juice and salt. Serve as desired.
Store any leftover rice in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Wondering what to make with cilantro lime rice? Try these suggestions:
- Simple Black Beans
- Sweet Fried Plantains
- Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas
- Oven Baked Zesty Lime Shrimp
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Rice is a great healthy side dish for any meal. Plus, cilantro also offers a bunch of health benefits!
Once cooked the rice will be good in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store rice after cooling in an air tight container.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more side dish ideas? Try our Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Honey and Parmesan Cheese, Sweet and Salty Air Fryer Rainbow Carrots, Simple Black Beans, Homemade French Onion Soup, Easy Oven Baked Zucchini Chips, Smashed Potatoes, Crock Pot Baked Potatoes, Sweet Fried Plantains, Italian Pasta Salad and Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob.
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling lower heat and cook until all water is absorbed (about 20 minutes). Alternatively, use a rice cooker to cook the rice!
- While rice is cooking, separate leaves from cilantro stems and chop finely. Also, juice limes and set aside.
- Once rice is cooked, fluff with a spoon or fork then add cilantro, lime juice and salt. Stir well to combine and serve.
Use a rice cooker to cook rice if you have one!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 113Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 302mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 2g