It’s the final day for the 7 days of cookies and Italian Cookies are the perfect way to wrap it up! These cookies are like little cakes and the flavor can be changed depending on preferences. For this recipe you’ll notice my theme of orange in the cookies and icing. The orange juice must remain in the recipe but you could change the extract to vanilla or lemon!
In case you want to check out the rest of the 7 days of cookies line up, here are the ones you missed:
Day 1: Snickerdoodles
Day 2: Chocolate Crinkles
Day 3: Cranberry Noel Cookies
Day 4: Russian Tea Cakes
Day 6: Cream Cheese Logs
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoy these Italian Cookies are looking for more, click here for the rest of our cookie recipes including Homemade Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies, Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peppermint Crescent Cookies and Ricotta Cookies. If you are looking for holiday cookies, be sure to check out our Christmas Cookie List!
- 10 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 4-5 tbsp water
- Sprinkles, optional
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and orange extract. Mix until combined.
- Add baking powder and half of flour. Stir to combine.
- Add half of orange juice. Stir to combine.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add remaining flour and orange juice.
- Drop in tablespoon-sized scoops onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
- While cookies cool, mix together powdered sugar and extract. Slowly add water 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a thin icing.
- Pour icing over cookies and top with sprinkles.
- Let icing set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store cookies in an airtight container to extend freshness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 36 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 114Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 24mgSodium 100mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 1g