This One Pot Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup is hearty and satisfying. It is loaded with pasta, sausage, carrots, tomato, spinach and lots of seasoning! Even better, it is ready in about 45 minutes! The whole family is sure to love this delicious recipe.
Most of the ingredients for this recipe are easy to find and you may have most at home already:
- Italian Sausage- ground sausage will be the easiest to use for this recipe. If you cannot find it ground but only in links, simply remove the casings before cooking. Use whichever sausage is your favorite. We used pork sausage, however, chicken, beef or turkey sausage (or even a vegetarian substitute) will work for this recipe.
- Pasta- we used rotini, but any shape will work! Use whatever you have available. Gluten-free pasta will also work!
- Garlic- either fresh minced or the pre-minced will work!
- Olive Oil
- Sweet Onion
- Chicken broth or Beef Broth
- Italian seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper
How to Make One Pot Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup
This soup is quick and easy to make. The first step is to prepare your produce. Chop your carrots, onion, garlic, tomato and spinach.
Then, in a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned. Break it up as it cooks into smaller pieces.
Once the sausage is cooked, add the carrots, onion and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes. Next, pour in broth and seasoning, cover the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and tomato.
Cook until pasta is al dente. Add spinach and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, season as desired with salt and pepper and serve!
Tips for Storage
In case you happen to have any soup leftover, I recommend storing this soup in the refrigerator. The pasta and sausage will not freeze well. This soup is great as leftovers though so don’t worry if you have a few servings leftover. This is also a great meal that can be made ahead of time. Be sure to finish within 5 days.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoy this Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup recipe, be sure to check out these other delicious recipes: Carrot and Ginger Soup, Turkey Lasagna Soup, Healthy Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, Carrot Rice Soup, Italian Wedding Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Hamburg Soup, Italian Sausage Orzo, Sausage Casserole, Homemade Sausage Stuffing, Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Hash, and Sausage Egg Casserole.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz pasta, uncooked
- 1 handful spinach, roughly chopped
- parmesan cheese, for topping (optional)
- Prepare all vegetables. Dice carrots, onion, and tomato and set aside. Mince garlic and roughly chop spinach.
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil in large pot. Add sausage and cook until browned. Break up into smaller chunks as it cooks.
- Add carrots, onions and garlic and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, Italian seasoning and oregano. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add pasta and chopped tomato. Cook until pasta is done stirring occasionally.
- Once pasta is cooked al dente, stir in spinach and cook about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve with parmesan cheese (optional).
If you cannot find ground sausage, remove the casing from regular sausage links before cooking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 758Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 212mgSodium: 912mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 61g